Amazing Comebacks

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
MCrispin

Re: Amazing Comebacks

Postby MCrispin » 19 April 2013, 07:29

Hmmm, who would run their ball carrier up the sidelines so dangerously ??? Even with a "Block-Dodge-Side Step-Sure Hands" Ghoul I'm going to keep him one square away from the heckling crowds (Just in case there is a Frenzy player attempting to introduce him to homicidal fans in the stands).
I guess I am still taking a loads of risks but time to time my runners seem to love to go close to the edge just to show off a bit.
:lol:
Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
-Call of Cthulhu
Coach of Slaanesh Voodoo Dollz

colourcodedchaos

Postby colourcodedchaos » 22 April 2013, 15:43

No, I make many sacrifices to Nuffle. Many of which involve the near-legendarily unkillable Uncle Prat running out in front of Him going "LOOK AT ME, I'M A TARGET!"

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 22 April 2013, 15:54

I started this thread hoping to entertain myself by reading about awesome comebacks, looks like it's shifted a bit to player death ... which is entertaining too, but tell me your stories!

Sadly, I think Blood Bowl doesn't really lend itself to high-flying comebacks. If a team goes down by more than one, it's pretty rare to pull out a win or even a tie.

colourcodedchaos

Postby colourcodedchaos » 23 April 2013, 14:41

Admittedly, that's probably my fault. Stupid CCC. Stupid silly Khemri team...

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 23 April 2013, 17:02

every time I read about Uncle Prat, I smile :-D

whater

Postby whater » 01 May 2013, 13:42

Down 0-3 Orc's versus Skaven (Gutter Runners just killing me). Opponent disconnects, I end up with 5 TD's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheesy comeback yes, but I loved the SPP.

DaImp

Postby DaImp » 12 May 2013, 18:00

My short but sweet come back story was in a league game where my Orc team were trailing 2-0 with just 3 turns to play. I can't remember the opponent's team - they aren't important anyway (think it was Dwarves). Anyhow I received the kick-off on turn 14 and promptly pulled of the 1 turn toss a goblin with the ball TD trick. Awesome, only 2-1 down now and with 2 turns to play, maybe, just maybe I can pull of the miraculous draw I so clearly deserve!

So my kick-off goes deep and the Dwarf player sets about flattening my front line as he has been doing all game. Only this time he rolls a double skull, reroll double skull. Turnover and the ball is loose. Hmmm... what the hell, I try tossing another goblin in over the defence and what do you know? He nails his landing and almost casually scoops up the ball to trot in and score - like this is something we do every day. 2-2 and I have an incredulous opponent who can not believe what is happening. I am pretty smug now, all is forgiven Nuffle, your are not such a bad entity after all.

But there is still one turn to go. I kick to him once more and the ball bounces deep yet again. This time he isn't taking any silly risks, he runs back a player to cover the ball before the Dwarven runner trots back to make the pick-up... but he fumbles it. The ball is now in 2 tackle zones and there is just the one turn left. This calls for yet another Goblin toss! So once more the Troll reaches down and picks up his little buddy, launching him high into the air and deep into opposition territory. The Goblin lands perfectly runs into the tacklezones of the Dwarves to collect the ball as if they didn't exist, dodges free and SCORES! 3-2 to the Orclando Pirates after trailing 2-0 on turn 14. Surely my best ever comeback, things like that only happen once in a very very long time. :D

Mardaed

Postby Mardaed » 10 October 2013, 19:17

Most exciting game I've ever played bar none. Will never happen again. :lol:

High Elves vs. Orcs. 1st round playoff game.

Here's the replay:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvcltvwyzkgsk ... 06%20PM.db

Get some popcorn or beer.... highly entertaining.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 01 October 2015, 18:53

My short but sweet come back story was in a league game where my Orc team were trailing 2-0 with just 3 turns to play. I can't remember the opponent's team - they aren't important anyway (think it was Dwarves). Anyhow I received the kick-off on turn 14 and promptly pulled of the 1 turn toss a goblin with the ball TD trick. Awesome, only 2-1 down now and with 2 turns to play, maybe, just maybe I can pull of the miraculous draw I so clearly deserve!

So my kick-off goes deep and the Dwarf player sets about flattening my front line as he has been doing all game. Only this time he rolls a double skull, reroll double skull. Turnover and the ball is loose. Hmmm... what the hell, I try tossing another goblin in over the defence and what do you know? He nails his landing and almost casually scoops up the ball to trot in and score - like this is something we do every day. 2-2 and I have an incredulous opponent who can not believe what is happening. I am pretty smug now, all is forgiven Nuffle, your are not such a bad entity after all.

But there is still one turn to go. I kick to him once more and the ball bounces deep yet again. This time he isn't taking any silly risks, he runs back a player to cover the ball before the Dwarven runner trots back to make the pick-up... but he fumbles it. The ball is now in 2 tackle zones and there is just the one turn left. This calls for yet another Goblin toss! So once more the Troll reaches down and picks up his little buddy, launching him high into the air and deep into opposition territory. The Goblin lands perfectly runs into the tacklezones of the Dwarves to collect the ball as if they didn't exist, dodges free and SCORES! 3-2 to the Orclando Pirates after trailing 2-0 on turn 14. Surely my best ever comeback, things like that only happen once in a very very long time. :D
I don't think that one there will ever be topped!
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

Schwifter

Postby Schwifter » 02 December 2016, 14:07

This happened just last night/early hours of the morning. I was facing a dark elf team with my new chaos team, he chose to receive and in the first turn knocked down every beastmen on the line of scrimmage, then proceeded to knock out or stun my chaos warriors who had moved up to the line to block his witch elves as I had got the blitz on the kick off play. Anyway he proceeded to move the ball up the right side of the pitch and I tried desperately to stop him, I ended up with half my team stunned and four players ko'd or injured as the witch elves knocked them into the crowd, I had no luck.

He moved the ball up to to 4 places to the end zone and only had one of my beastmen in the way which he promptly blocked out of the way, he could of scored right then but instead he tucked the ball behind the blocker, he wanted to inflict more damage on my team. He'd used all his rerolls and just when i said "I can't catch a break" something amazing happened.

He rolled a double skull. I still only had one guy by the carrier and he had a guy assisting, so I dodged a beastmen out to assist (on 50%) he failed but I used my last reroll and he got away to assist, I then blitzed him with the lone guy defending the end zone and knocked the ball away, I scooped it up and ran as far as I could about half way to the LOS and a warrior who had been in no man's land came to assist. He was able, due to my lack of numbers, to converge on the ball carrier and blitz the ball off him, he'd moved a guy to the end zone and all he had to do was pick up the ball and pass it, something he'd done before easily, but he fluffed the pick up in his final turn so he didn't score, and to add insult to injury the guy who fluffed the pick up got hit by the beastmen who'd had the ball previously and got a niggling injury. It was went from a definite 1-0 score with half my team out to 0-0 and a niggling injury, amazingly he then conceded, so I won. I was absolutely shocked how I turned it around. The beastmen who saved the day levelled up and I gave him wrestle and the beastmen who dodged to help with the assist rolled a double 5 and I gave him dodge. I've only been playing for a week almost but that was the most amazing game I've had.

Return to “Stories & Lore”