What qualities do your teams share with you ???

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

What qualities do your teams share with you ???

Postby HC-Vanselow » 29 May 2013, 21:46

:D I was thinking about why I field the squads I do on the Astrogranite and what they've got in common with me. I stopped playing Norse because not only do folks catch up and load "block" on all their players, but I can't personally stand freezing temperatures. What's some of your closer connections with the variety of teams ???

Proxi Winther Rex

Re: What qualities do your teams share with you ???

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 30 May 2013, 09:24

I play norse for the same reasons, as you don't play them... :lol:

I'm a firm believer in the nordic mythology and as such, I couldn't resist forming the Minnesnowta Icekings
Apart from that, I'm mostly to the high Risk, High Reward Teams, so I prefer to play Skaven...

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 30 May 2013, 11:10

I too like teams with the ancient civilization and mythology behind them such as Khemri (The Sacred Mekhta Kings are based on the NBA's Sacramento Kings). Used to play the Lizardmen as my ideal pet would be a Fijian Iguana and I've got my Halfling team, the Green Knoll Gourmets, because I used to work as a chef and love all sorts of food from Japanese to Indian. I keep a Human team because I'm Human which is point blank simple. Nurgle due to the fact they're got the option of mutations and are the anti-Elf team of choice. Necromantic and Undead for I like the Horror movie genre. Dark Elves have a trio of games underneath their belts and a couple of ST 4 Linemen which makes them a squad worth keeping. Goblins for I've got a hilarious sense of humour and that's it...

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 30 May 2013, 23:33

My first team was Amazons as they are nimble and more slight in build like myself. I like that they are counter-cultural and against the stereotype of a male dominated sport. (A poor decision was made in naming the team Out of the Kitchen) Other coaches feared my ladies and with good reason.

My current team is Necromatic, Cursery Rhymes. I work with kids as a camp counselor and a once daycare provider. Also, I remembered many nursery rhymes from my own childhood. I liked the idea of physically representing nursery rhyme characters in Blood Bowl (tabletop). Queen of Hearts, a werewolf, has an +AG so I can still play the dodging game and tactically hit hard just like with the Amazons.

colourcodedchaos

Postby colourcodedchaos » 31 May 2013, 14:14

Friends And Fun, in their various incarnations, have been the only team I've ever had. We share a lot of things - a love of history and non-European culture, though theirs is rather limited to that of Pharaonic Egypt, a sense of humour, a love for playing the game even though we demonstrably suck at it... which ties into the most important similarity, now that I think about it.

The most important thing is that we enjoy doing whatever we can to make other people happy. That's the only thing that matters when I play BB; not winning, winning is for people who are better than me, but just... making people happy. 'S'all I've got, really.

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 02 June 2013, 20:35

Given that my teams are populated with cretins, the undead and violent sociopathic nutcases I personally hope I don't share many traits with them! :lol:

However, I like Norse because of the whole "We may have crap armour, but we're taking you down with us anyway." vibe. I like that kind of ballsiness, foolhardy or not.

Oddly I also like cold weather and their wintry theme, unlike the OP, so that drew me to them too :D

I like Ogres because they appeal to my basest thuggish desires. Having 6 hulking great brutes stomping around punching girly long-ears is great fun, even if I fail at actually winning with them most of the time.
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 02 June 2013, 22:06

:D I think my Dark Elven squad, the New Ulthuan Scimitars, with their against the grain approach to "O" than their Elven cousins have pertains to my own personal style. The element of surprise is something I embrace in them too as they could have a rumbling rushing game or proficiently pass the ball to a Lineman (The MV 6 isn't the greatest, but that's what screening is for).

Ba22

Postby Ba22 » 02 June 2013, 23:53

I realy like the Vampire and goblin teams. They are both considered sub-par and I have a mental inability to enjoy playing any game with what is considered the "easiest" route. An underlying assumed underdog mentality of mine I suspect. Like the goblins, I love underhanded plays, taking 300% advantage of any opening givin, fouling a prized player everytime I'm handed a chance. And like the vampire team in general, I love taking huge set-backs for huge advantages, and still trying to win.

MCrispin

Postby MCrispin » 03 June 2013, 06:43

Posting on this ( and if someone would read it and know me in RL ) would maybe possibly get me in troubles in RL so I pass on the matter :lol: ,
Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
-Call of Cthulhu
Coach of Slaanesh Voodoo Dollz

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 01 October 2015, 18:20

I will have to say that the inspiration for creating a new Blood Bowl team comes from many sources. I like to parody current real life NFL teams. Sometimes, a particular movie can be a good source for players and a team name. And sometimes, it is completely random as to what drives me to create a Blood Bowl team.

Some examples are: Dark Elf team based off of the Chronicles of Riddick (Underverse Necromongers), and a Skaven team named C.H.U.D. both named after movies.

I also have a Bretonnian team (New England Cheatriots), a Chaos team (Buffalo Billz), a Wood Elf team (Seahaven Seahawks). Those are some of my NFL parody teams.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

Return to “Stories & Lore”