Never had a game start quite like this

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
timdog

Re: Never had a game start quite like this

Postby timdog » 31 July 2013, 11:58

Worst game I've seen was 4 deaths suffered on one side. Brutal.

As far as the op, I had a freshly minted guard hobgob die on my CD team to a fireball a few weeks back, so yeah, it happens!

GustavEvil

Postby GustavEvil » 01 August 2013, 02:21

I can't remember which team I was playing (I'm thinking Khorne), but their first game ever comes up in MM vs an undead team at around 1300TV. I hire Zara the slayer. Her being blitzed and killed by a wight was the 4th action of the game, after my 3 LOS guys got blocked away (I had her positioned directly behind them, so she could stab/stake any undead who followed up.

WastedTrojan

Postby WastedTrojan » 04 August 2013, 15:16

The last season that I played Norse in SvS, a fireball landed on 4 of my player. It hit all 4 and caused 3 injuries. My level 5 yeti died, level 6 runner took a smashed collar bone and a level 5 ulf took a niggling that succeeded in killing him later that season. That one fireball pretty much dismantled the team and it was all downhill from there. My team started the season at 2100 TV and ended around 1200 without a full roster. Only 1 level 6 survived the season. I have never seen a team get absolutely destroyed like that... I retired the Norse and started a nurgle squad...

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 01 October 2015, 19:00

Fireballs can be the best way to break a cage! I used one once to Kill a beastman, serious injure another, badly hurt a third, and stun a Chaos Warrior for the fifth victim. A fifth player was also targeted but he dodged the blast. Needless to say, it allow me to swoop on in and get an easy score.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

FaerieKnight79

Postby FaerieKnight79 » 12 August 2016, 00:56

timdog wrote:Worst game I've seen was 4 deaths suffered on one side. Brutal.

As far as the op, I had a freshly minted guard hobgob die on my CD team to a fireball a few weeks back, so yeah, it happens!

Sorry for the necro post, but hey... I do play Undead teams. I've never killed with a lightning bolt or fireball yet. Although as I mentioned, I did just finish a match where between my human team and the AI controlled orc team only one lone goblin wasn't either dead or injured.

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 02 January 2017, 17:57

I had a Chaos team that had played something like 30 weekly league matches basically get annihilated by a single fireball.

It landed between two Chaos Warriors and -STRed one, killed the other. I think I healed the death to something that was still a career ender but it was a nightmare.

My team never recovered, plummeted down the league rankings and I ended up having to disband them! I've hated Wizards ever since.
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

Return to “Stories & Lore”