My return to Elfball

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
Simonthemad

My return to Elfball

Postby Simonthemad » 02 July 2013, 15:28

So I have gravitated over the past year or so to a solid running game with all of my teams...Khemri, Orc, Dwarf, Necro, Lizards...but have always kinda liked the Pro Elf team, but never could get a grip on their play style. So recently I read up a couple of strat guides and thought I would give it another go.

First game was lucky enough to get Skaven, and was a GREAT game. A 2-2 shoot out at the half, I managed to stall just long enough on my first play of the second half to pull out a 3-2 win. Final rating 20/20

The second game I pull Dwarfs...figure this would be the end of my Elfs careers. And my dice are HORRIBLE. Cant pick up the ball, cant dodge, get nothing but PUSH on the block dice, with a couple of double skull, RR double skull to boot. Buutttt....they arent hurting anyone :D . The score is still 2-2 late in the second half. My first TD comes off a mistake of the dwarfs who try to pass, fumble, I recover and score and my second off a fake play that suprisingly works. I am shocked that with the over all poor dice I am still in the game.

As the clock runs down the dwarfs have the ball. Its about turn 15 as the runner approaches the LOS, dwarfs have gone to man on man so the action is really spread all over my side of the field. I figure the game will end in a draw, and am happy with that...but then...

The dwarf runner passes, going for the win, right over the head of my Elf CATCHER!!! :o

Interception!!! :lol:

He gets the ball down field to another Catcher in range of the Goalline, and my blitzer marks the Dwarf runner, who is the only opponent my ball carrier has to beat for the winning TD. The runner tries to dodge out, fails and I go on to win the game 3-2!!! Final rating 19/20

I am sure that I will adventually run into a squad that breaks many of my Elfs backs, but these first two games have been some of the BEST blood bowl I have played in a while.

Just needed to share, this is why I love this game...even after a game full of Nuffling, anything cam happen :P

Darkson

Re: My return to Elfball

Postby Darkson » 02 July 2013, 16:28

That's not Elfball. ;)
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Simonthemad

Postby Simonthemad » 02 July 2013, 17:34

Just a figure of speech. "My return to playing Blood Bowl with an Elf team after a while of not playing with elves at all" seemed a bit long ;)

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 02 July 2013, 18:38

:D I too have returned to playing an Elven side after the San Venturas Harlequins (Pro Elf) got dismantled !!! The New Ulthuan Scimitars (Dark Elves) are currently 1-0-5 with their only win coming against Halflings. With a ST 4 Blitzer and 2 ST 4 Linemen, I figured it'll be a powerful team, but it's not as it just got beaten by some Dwarves 3-0. I think High Elves might be the last Elven team I use for I'll never ever ever coach Wood Elves in my lifetime.

Iniyari

Postby Iniyari » 02 August 2013, 17:08

... for I'll never ever ever coach Wood Elves in my lifetime.
Why not?? ;P

OP: Welcome back to ElfBall! :} My Wood Elves, the Asterian Nymphs, have been working on what I call the "Flawless Game": 8 TDs, consisting of 8 two-turn TDs, with the extra benefits of Blitz events. Haven't gotten it yet, but I've come close!

HC: Wood Elves...join us...hear the call of the wood...! ;P

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 02 August 2013, 20:14

:? Nope, out of all the Elven races, I've got the most disdain for the Wood Elves and their straight out the box Wardancers. If I ever decided to be entertained by the proficient passing prowess of Elves, it'll be either Pro or High Elves with me personally leaning more towards Pro (I do like the detail in the High's uniforms though).

Return to “Stories & Lore”