Ridiculous games against the AI with a snot team

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
Ba22

Ridiculous games against the AI with a snot team

Postby Ba22 » 30 October 2011, 09:32

We all know the AI is horrible, but I was recently amazed at some of the results when my little brother created a team with 15 snotlings and a single ogre. The Snot team tied 2-2 twice in their first games against Norse, and Pro elves.Then they went on to beat a Necromantic team 1-0 with a snotling even managing to kill a werewolf! Pretty amazing in my opinion.

Hopefully we'll get more topics up as the boards are looking kinda bare since the switch-over. Just thought I'd add to the collection.

Ugnash

Re: Ridiculous games against the AI with a snot team

Postby Ugnash » 31 October 2011, 15:36

I've taken a similar route just out of idle curiosity; 16-strong snot team - no ogres and never any star players playing in a regular AI Campaign. For as long as I could be bothered to stay with it I won four titles, never lost a match and won all but one of my games (the other being a 2-2 draw again one of the high elf sides).

It comes to something when even the toughest test you can set yourself against the AI isn't that much of a test LOL. However, I did have the pleasure of getting myself a lvl 6 snot (which actually included two str increases :shock: ).

timdog

Postby timdog » 02 December 2012, 12:44

dude, post that picture! What on earth does a level 6 snot look like lol. Do they get cooler armor like most other things in the game?

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 02 December 2012, 22:14

:P Damn, I'm astounded that the Snotling survived long enough to reach his sixth level. I've never had the required patience to deal with the Ogres and impish Snotlings to see it happen.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 03 December 2012, 04:27

dude, post that picture! What on earth does a level 6 snot look like lol. Do they get cooler armor like most other things in the game?
You know you can look yourself with the in-game viewer?
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

timdog

Postby timdog » 04 December 2012, 00:56

Actually I am not at all familiar with the viewer, I've not played around with it. And besides, seeing one who "made it" for real is a lot cooler than just looking for the sake of being a voyeur :lol:

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 05 December 2012, 07:00

:lol: Tim, vouyerism has nothing to do with it. We just don't have the bloomin' patience that you do to develop a Level 6 Snotling.

Guiams

Postby Guiams » 10 March 2013, 21:59

This thread kind of got me depressed, as I still lose to the AI sometimes ):

Before I find a private league to join, I'm "training" in campaign mode and exhibition

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 11 March 2013, 04:16

This thread kind of got me depressed, as I still lose to the AI sometimes ):
Before I find a private league to join, I'm "training" in campaign mode and exhibition
If you want to play against people, once you've learnt the UI, you're better just jumping straight in rather than playing against the AI - you'll learn a hell of a lot more of being beaten by real players than you will playing against the AI, win or lose.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Marni

Postby Marni » 11 March 2013, 06:45

I Agree with Darkson. i lost about 30 of my first 40 games in bloodbowl online in nag, auld, fol leagues. i learned a lot. i got a few draws, and i think a few people quit, so i really won about 5 legit games. i had fun though, when i wasnt swearing at my screen.
Taste My Bad Karma.

Return to “Stories & Lore”