The Dark Horse

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
Canaussie

The Dark Horse

Postby Canaussie » 30 July 2013, 10:17

Every so often I like to play what I call "comic relief" teams. Teams with, really, no chance of winning or long-term success; underworld without skaven, goblins without trolls, all skeleton undead or, my latest, an all hobgoblin chaos dwarf team.

I play these for teams for "shits and giggles." About the only thing they are good for, besides a laugh, is helping teach me with my positioning. They don't really succeed. Except, so far, the hobgoblins!

So far, my first six games have resulted in 4 wins, a draw and a loss. Surprisingly, two of my wins have been from my opponents abandoning the match! Running away from TV 1000 hobgoblins! :shock: (which probably says more about the state of AULD than my brilliant coaching ability)

Anyway, what are the teams that have, amongst all expectations, worked out well for you?
"There is no god but Nuffle. He is the One and the Six, the Skull and the Pow."

Managarn

Re: The Dark Horse

Postby Managarn » 30 July 2013, 14:58

You havent played a dark horse team until you play a snotling only team. Now go make us proud!!!

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 30 July 2013, 15:41

Hobgoblins aren't at all bad! They're actually somewhat of a bargain at 40k. For the same cost as a Goblin, you get a ST3 player with access to General skills.

Hilariously, the all-Hobgoblin team is identical in every way to one of the underrated gimp teams - the all-Thrall Vampire team!

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 30 July 2013, 20:52

:D Greetings from Southern California, Canaussie...For me personally it's the Green Knoll Gourmets (Halflings) captained by Orlando Ribena who currently are at 7-4-6 which is monumental for them. I think they even managed to beat an Orc team somewhere along the way as well as Norse !!!

nikiosko

Postby nikiosko » 31 July 2013, 06:39

I wanna play against HC-Vanselow <_<

I tried an all linemen dark elf team once. It kinda worked...

Canaussie

Postby Canaussie » 31 July 2013, 11:52

You havent played a dark horse team until you play a snotling only team. Now go make us proud!!!
There's comic relief and then there's... (Rolls a 1 for his Really Stupid)...

Challenge accepted!
"There is no god but Nuffle. He is the One and the Six, the Skull and the Pow."

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 31 July 2013, 15:37

:) Nikiosko, what kind if teams have you got in the Auld World Matchmaking and was it the Green Knoll Gourmets you wanted to play against ???

nikiosko

Postby nikiosko » 01 August 2013, 11:21

Since I've returned from a hiatus, I've started anew and currently I have two teams on Auld. I am probably going to play strictly one though, the DE team "Stab & Sting".

Since they are new, though, your 'flings are prolly going to be enough to beat the crap out of my elves :lol:

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 01 August 2013, 17:33

:D Nikiosko, where about in the World are located for we could organize something for next week if you wish. What's your other team besides the Dark Elves ???

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 16 August 2013, 17:26

I tried a lizardman team with all skinks and a Kroxigor. It was a lot of fun to roll doubles and bunch of times and end up with a block and mighty blow skink. It is a mildly viable team and a lot of fun to play. Your speed and gang fouling is unmatched.

Return to “Stories & Lore”