Death by Elf

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
steve2000

Death by Elf

Postby steve2000 » 19 August 2013, 18:18

So this was one of the bloodiest games I have every seen. My Norse team vs Pro Elves.

Low Armor.... low armor everywhere...

This Elf coach had gotten frenzy on several players, which I should have noticed but didn't. On the first turn he crowd surfed one of my werewolves and killed him. I stayed away from the sideline after that, but the blood bath was on.

When it was all said and done, both of my werewolves were dead, along with one Berserker. I killed 1 elf, and got -1 ST on another. He managed to re-roll the death with the apothecary, however.

Final tally then was 5 total casualties, 4 of which were death, including my three best players.

I know what you are thinking, it was bound to happen - you probably left your weak armor Norse to be hit with 2 or 3 dice blocks or something and their low armor couldn't save them. Nope, those 3 deaths on my side were the only 3 times armor was even broken on my team. No KOs the whole match, no other casualties. Nuffle was just in a blood-thirsty mood that day.

The good news at the end of the day is that my TV fell WAY down, and now my team is dominant again (as is often the case with Norse).

Honestly it was a pretty fun game all in all. I had no hard feelings about it.

dode74

Re: Death by Elf

Postby dode74 » 19 August 2013, 18:59

My last league game I played as Chaos vs Skaven. I was left with 3 players at the end of the half.

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 19 August 2013, 19:03

dode74 wrote:My last league game I played as Chaos vs Skaven. I was left with 3 players at the end of the half.

dont mess with the skavens :lol: They are the most random team there is. Games can go either way. From full blown massacre to a rat genocide or 5-0 to 0-5

steve2000

Postby steve2000 » 19 August 2013, 23:46

dode74 wrote:My last league game I played as Chaos vs Skaven. I was left with 3 players at the end of the half.

Oh, I have totally seen games like that. Against a Nurgle team, I had only 4 guys left at the end recently. But in that game the 7 who were off the field, where like 4 KOs, 2 badly hurts, and 1 uninjured crowd surfer. That is a more typical breakdown.

I was just shocked to see 3 times breaking armor = 3 deaths. No in between in that Norse-Elf game. It was Death/Serious Injury or nothing.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 21 August 2013, 21:43

:roll: Only Elven teams which have pinned deaths on my squads are those frigging annoying Wardancers, hence the reason I'll never coach them (It took me years to get the stomach together to coach High Elves...LMAO). The headhunting harlots have cost me numerous ball carriers including my three armed Nurgle Rotter who was a surprise for many defenses.

Return to “Stories & Lore”