Your Best Players Right Now...

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Your Best Players Right Now...

Postby HC-Vanselow » 25 February 2012, 02:41

:D Hmmm, we've already seen a thread devoted to "Blood Bowl's Biggest Pansies", now I'm resurrecting one paying tribute to the greatest players you've got on your squads as of now that are still alive and breathing. I'll spark off the festivities by introducing to the Auld World, the Orinokoe Rambling Rats Gutter Runner, Wicklow Twoas who statistically looks like so after 25 games...

MA 9
ST 2
AG 4
AV 7

Skills: Dodge, Sprint, Sidestep, Block, Dauntless

57 Star Players Points

Statistics: 4 MVP Awards
10 Touchdowns
6 Passes
5 Receptions
1 Kill
1 Casualty
1 K.O.
1 TC
34 Yards Passing
456 Yards Rushing

Monstrum

Re: Your Best Players Right Now...

Postby Monstrum » 27 February 2012, 07:53

my 3 star players right now are 2 tomb guardians with block/guard/mighty blow/break tackle/stand firm and a blitz-ra with +str, mighty blow, frenzy, block, piling on, jump up... going for tackle on his last skill... admittedly the rest of my khemri team is full of throw-aways, and despite a ridiculous amount of recycles on my other 2 TG i can't get doubles for block :(
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 27 February 2012, 08:16

:o That's sounds like the epitome of awesomeness and I'm praying that my Sacred Mekhta Kings (Khemri) level up some Tomb Guardians with
"Block" and I believe that my Blitz-Ra, Zezemonekh Khufukaef, got "Mighty Blow" and my TG, Meriptah Khnumhotep, took "Guard" on his first skill. However the 2-0-1 Auld World Open League residents are faced with their next randomized game in which 7 players are in position to level up.

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 27 February 2012, 14:05

come to FOL, auld and nagg are full of cheaters and disconnectors... plus the quality of coaches on FOL is much higher

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 27 February 2012, 14:43

I vaguely remember Grettir Enoga, one of my first ever Norse Berserkers, also my most successful.

From memory, he had:

Mighty Blow
Piling On
+ 1 Strength
Tackle
Dodge
(Normal skills: Block, Frenzy, Jump Up)

He was an absolute menace on the pitch, anything he couldn't hit he'd dodge from and anything he could hit usually ended up in the morgue!

He's technically still alive, I think I just retired the team, can't remember :D
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

Monstrum

Postby Monstrum » 27 February 2012, 15:16

^
thats pretty much a perfect blitzer-killer, howd u manage to keep him alive so long? he'd be the first guy i'd target for a gangfoul or my own killer with his puny av7

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 27 February 2012, 17:11

:shock: Whoa, Grettir Enoga sounds like an absolute terror on the Astrogranite with his lethal cocktail of skills. I guess if their paths crossed I'd have to have the Orinokoe Rambling Rats Gutter Runner, Wicklow Twoas, use his "Dauntless" on Grettir and put him into the Halls of Valhalla :lol:

Holy Terror

Postby Holy Terror » 27 February 2012, 18:06

Not sure if my best currently but my favorite for sure

Witch Elf

Block, dodge, frenzy, mb, ju, stripball, tackle
Having a bad day? Stop crying and punch a goblin!!!!

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 28 February 2012, 03:29

;) Heya, Terror...That Witch Elf sounds like a nasty piece of work, you've probably created the greatest build for any kind of Bezerk player right there with that combination of skills. My best player prior to the Skaven Gutter Runner, Wicklow Twoas, was a Goblin Pogoer called Slip Snotkins
who in one game against some Orcs managed to score a trio of touchdowns. In 44 games, he bounced for 1200 yards and scored 19 touchdowns.

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 28 February 2012, 14:14

Ex-OCC dancer, currently plying her trade in the BBATTL.

If it was not for the niggle....then again, her stats are weak as my legendary catcher gets the scores, and the other AG5 dancer tends to win the ball whilst Domino opens holes...ffnar ffnar

Return to “Stories & Lore”