Your Best Players Right Now...

Share the stories you lived in the Blood Bowl universe and tell us your best moment on the pitch.
HC-Vanselow

Re: Your Best Players Right Now...

Postby HC-Vanselow » 04 March 2013, 18:39

:?: Aegis, where in the World are you from by the way ??? I'm just a successful Undead HC hailing from Melbourne, Australia who lives in Southern California.

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 04 March 2013, 23:06

Opposite side of the coast over in NY. A land where undead would have more brains than the politicians.
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 04 March 2013, 23:24

:lol: Kikongo Demoncup for President !!! I was staying Manhattan on NYE of 2012 which was cool and seeing the New York Giants slapping the Dallas Cowboys at East Rutherford, NJ was excellent as well.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 04 March 2013, 23:26

:lol: Let's not forget that one of your Werewolves would have more bite than the New York Jets offense.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 05 March 2013, 07:58

:lol: Let's not forget that one of your Werewolves would have more bite than the New York Jets offense.
At least I've never seen a Werewolf run behind a Golem and then drop the ball ... :D :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0&noredirect=1

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 05 March 2013, 08:51

:lol: Nope, but my Templethrone Hell Hounds (Necromantic) just had a toothless performance against a Chaos Dwarf team where they rushed for a total of two yards. Luckily the MVP went to Vyras Kaliningrad (Werewolf) who has got Block and Dodge on his first two level ups.

Harbinger8

Postby Harbinger8 » 09 March 2013, 22:13

I just got done with a Seven Division, Six teams per division championship I called the Dwarven Cup.
All twenty races were represented with two teams of each race except only one High Elf team and three from each: Dwarves, Halflings and Humans.

My team was the human team 'DD's Marauders'.
My best player was a catcher named Denny D.
He was the only 'Legend' on my team by the end of the season.
I had several Level 6 players by the end of the season including an Ogre named 'Dudly D'.

I am not on the computer that the game is on, but I kept standard BB stats on paper though like in a table-top league.
I have the league page scanned into the computer and then keep records on the scanned page in WordPerfect Presentations x15.
So all I have here are basic BB stats, not the expanded stats the game itself keeps track of.

This cup competition was a custom Blitz one with aging turned off, something else off too, equipment turned on but turn based, not real-time.
There were 70 matches total.

Denny D's stats are at the end of the competition:
MA 10
ST 2
AG 3
AV 7
Dodge
Catch
Sure Hands
Sure Feet
Sprint
Jump Up

COMP 2
TD 126
INT 2
CAS 5
MVP 6

SPP 407

When his improved boots would bother to kick in, he could sprint 14 squares!
That was something to see.
He was key to many 1-turn scoring drives.
With Blitzers and Linemen clearing the way, he scored off of kick-offs many times after the Thrower got him the ball.

Not sure if I should have taken Leap instead of Jump Up on the last improvement.
Would have come in handy a few times.

Yes, he had no Block.
It was the Linemen and Blitzers' job to take the hits for him.
Did not always work, but he survived the season with no serious injuries.
My only losses were one lineman dead and two blitzers and two linemen that refused to re-hire at points in the season.
I am a firm believer in having as many apothecaries as the League and the inducements will allow.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 14 May 2013, 20:10

:shock: Those statistics for Denny D are obscene !!! My best player when it comes to SPP is the Killwhackee Schmucks Pogoer, "Springs" Verminstink, who I believe has 1644 yards worth of bouncing and 24 TD's in about say 43 career games and 100 SPP. "Springs" might start idolizing Denny D...

colourcodedchaos

Postby colourcodedchaos » 15 May 2013, 20:18

I've yet to get any legends in Friends And Fun, possibly because I am, as ever, Not Terribly Good At Blood Bowl, but the closest I have to Legends are tied - Miss Harley and Wobbles The Clown, two of my Tomb Guardians, have 89 SPP each. Their statlines are as follows:-

Miss Harley
MA: 3 (Unfortunate incident involving a Bloodthirster)
ST: 6
AG: 1
AV: 10
Block
Mighty Blow
Leap (I did a derp)

Wobbles The Clown
MA: 4
ST: 7 (!)
AV: 9
Block
Mighty Blow
Break Tackle (Because, well... he's got Strength 7, for Nuffle's sake)

We can take it as read that they've scored 1 touchdown between them. A game-winning TD that required two Dodge rolls and a re-rolled GFI on the last move of the game, but still only one. Well done that clown.

Also, for posterity:

Uncle Prat
MA: 4
ST: 3
AV: 5
Wrestle
Guard
Jump Up

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 15 May 2013, 22:11

:? My Sacred Mekhta Kings also feature a MA 3 Tomb Guardian currently which hardly helps for positioning purposes !!!. Wobbles the Clown sounds like he wreaks serious havoc. I can't wait until I get a Legendary player which appears to be "Springs" Verminstink...

Return to “Stories & Lore”