Bouncing Ball Bug

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
PaloLV

Bouncing Ball Bug

Postby PaloLV » 23 September 2015, 05:39

Came across this in a Chaos vs Skaven match. I blocked a rat onto the ball which caused it to bounce into the square of a Chaos Warrior who failed the catch. After that I could not make a block action with that Chaos Warrior for the rest of the turn even though he hadn't done anything yet that turn. It kept saying I had already blitzed that turn which I think was true but shouldn't have mattered since he hadn't moved yet and I wanted to block an adjacent player with him and not blitz anyways.

Also, Orc Blitzers are 90k which is a mistake and needs to get fixed. They are supposed to cost 80k as they have for the last 10-15+ years. Cyanide/Focus have several times touted the reasonable cost of Orcs as recently as a few days ago and that isn't true at all with the Orc roster having their cost increased by 40k for no reason. When you create an Orc team in game it even says the Blitzers are a great value for their performance which of course is a ridiculously false statement as long as they stay at 90k cost. It's especially bad since Orcs are a very average roster that appeals to new players and now you're making those new players play a below average team due to the nerf so they are more likely to lose, quit the game for a refund, and tell their friends this game sucks.

Noxos

Re: Bouncing Ball Bug

Postby Noxos » 23 September 2015, 06:49

Wait Cyanide actually addressed the orc issue? Where?

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 23 September 2015, 15:18

They haven't said anything about why they nerfed Orcs or increased the Blitzer cost to 90k. What they have done is troll the community by saying Orcs and specifically the Blitzers are "reasonably priced" here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5616 and the game itself when you create a team says, "Blitzers have the best price/performance ratio". So it is clear that it's either an accidental mistake or if it's a deliberate change someone at Cyanide/Focus disagrees and is making subtle trolling statements over the issue.

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 23 September 2015, 17:11

I watched the replay again to be sure and the Chaos Warrior definitely hadn't moved yet but was unable to make a block action after failing to catch a bouncing ball earlier in the turn. The match was Chaos "Revenge of the 80k Orcs" vs Skaven "Beat me!" and this happened in my turn 5. I had used my blitz action with a different player earlier in the turn.

Also, in a couple matches I've noticed my 2 minute turn timer resetting back to 2 minutes but I'm not sure why it occasionally happens. I just know that sometimes I'll have made several actions and glance at the timer after finishing an action to see how long I've got and see that it's at 2:00 and counting down from there.

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 23 September 2015, 17:24

Ive had this bug too. Seems anyone who interacts with the ball... Catches... Takes a hand off...grabs a bouncing ball , cant make a block action even if they should be eligible to.
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 24 September 2015, 20:52

Ive had this bug too. Seems anyone who interacts with the ball... Catches... Takes a hand off...grabs a bouncing ball , cant make a block action even if they should be eligible to.
I think you are probably right. I had it happen again on a kickoff which landed on but was not caught by a player along the line of scrimmage. He could not block but since I hadn't used my blitz action yet he defaulted to that and he was able to blitz and move.

Return to “Technical forum”