PS4 app constantly crashing after latest update...

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
Hambiker

Re: PS4 app constantly crashing after latest update...

Postby Hambiker » 13 February 2017, 10:05

I confirm blue screens for ps4 users in Russia.
Campaign crashed on match with Scavenblight Scramblers and I cant get a trophy for campaign.
Blue screen at every league match. I loose 5 matches((

Ponghines

Postby Ponghines » 13 February 2017, 11:31

Here in Italy no blue screens at all, but I have played only 3 games after the patch. Hope this helps

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 13 February 2017, 11:36

Hello everybody, I can confirm that Cyanide is actively working on a fix.

About a patch rollback, it was a solution but it forces players to download the whole game again and it's something we would like to avoid.
Note that we have a way to patch the game quickly once we have a fix (and avoid the long certification, because it's an emergency fix).

We'll give you more information as soon as possible.
Sorry again for this mess

psicodani76

Postby psicodani76 » 13 February 2017, 12:02

Focus_GuillaumeQA wrote:Hello everybody, I can confirm that Cyanide is actively working on a fix.

About a patch rollback, it was a solution but it forces players to download the whole game again and it's something we would like to avoid.
Note that we have a way to patch the game quickly once we have a fix (and avoid the long certification, because it's an emergency fix).

We'll give you more information as soon as possible.
Sorry again for this mess

Finally, Thanks!, that is we wanted to hear

In this regard, I reinstalled the game and followed the error. I hope it's in time for the next dlc

LouLizCSC

Postby LouLizCSC » 13 February 2017, 12:12

Hey Guillaume,

thanks for the update, but it is only half of what we hoped for. You did not say anything about whether the issue is identified yet nor a vague timeframe of what we can hope for. To me, communication is key at a pint like this. We might not be the biggest, but certainly are a very active and passionate communitiy. In my 100+ coaches league, the general sentiment is 'we buy everything they put out, no matter if we use it or not, to support the game'. We will keep doing this aslong as your people stay open and honest. Would be really helpful for us to get as many details as possible because the state of speculation could lead to 'oh, they are so happy with LE, they think they don't need to focus in the current version' and none of us want those thoughts to come up.
So please let us know about the current status. Is the problem identified? How long will it probably take to fix it? If we know, we can just focus on family and friends for the next two, three days and don't have to sit in front of the PS4 to see whether the update is out or know would help a lot already. Thanks!

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 13 February 2017, 12:21

I don't want to give false information, but, to be the more transparent possible, as far as I know the situation at the moment is this: the issue is identified, it's a memory leak when displaying each races, assets are not correctly erased from the RAM and it quickly leads to a crash. Crashes should be more frequent if you spend time looking around teams in the menus.

The fix should be a matter of days, of course our goal is to patch again before the release of the new races, but nothing is sure at this point.

BernieBuffon

Postby BernieBuffon » 13 February 2017, 12:31

Focus_GuillaumeQA wrote:I don't want to give false information, but, to be the more transparent possible, as far as I know the situation at the moment is this: the issue is identified, it's a memory leak when displaying each races, assets are not correctly erased from the RAM and it quickly leads to a crash. Crashes should be more frequent if you spend time looking around teams in the menus.

The fix should be a matter of days, of course our goal is to patch again before the release of the new races, but nothing is sure at this point.

Any news on the cladder will it be extenended as that seems the fair option or are we going with top 16 as it stands or has this even been discussed at all as a lot of ps4 players in limbo here?

LouLizCSC

Postby LouLizCSC » 13 February 2017, 12:34

Hey Guillaume,

that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for that and good luck to the programming guys in the background to fix this. Highly appreciated that you folks stepped up your game in relating to the community. If there are major updates in the future, maybe you can also do a closed beta for PS4. Let us know if you need players for that – I'm sure a lot of people are more than willing to help out in that regard.

Hezekiah87

Postby Hezekiah87 » 13 February 2017, 15:24

Thanks for the update. That's exactly the way this should be handled. best of luck to the team as they try and fix the problem!

thunden

Postby thunden » 13 February 2017, 22:59

Any further update? This issue is now 4 days old guys and having serious impact on the big leagues on PS4?

Return to “Technical forum”