PS4 app constantly crashing after latest update...

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
BernieBuffon

Re: PS4 app constantly crashing after latest update...

Postby BernieBuffon » 12 February 2017, 13:08

b) Address the concession limit for this seasons champion ladder (I've had 4 blue screens alone this morning before giving up - One of them was me as the 'away' team)
We're already doing that. I'll be adjusting accordingly come season end. Might take me a little longer than usual to confirm the qualifiers.
So basically anyone who is trying to get into the playoffs is screwed then? So these last2-3 days where people have risked the wrath of the bluescreen there games will count for nothing WOW what a joke if you want to be fair extend the tournament a week

triperis

Postby triperis » 12 February 2017, 13:28

Will there be some of even symbolic "we are sorry" statement? From what I have seen in private leagues, people try to break their necks off trying to keep everything on schedule. In champions ladder it is clear not everybody is affected equally. Some people are "bluescreen hunting" while others have crashrates >90 %. Given PS4 cladder is not huge, you could easily make a histogram of people's crashrates to realize this problem isn't random. Not to mention this hurts anybody seriously interested in champions ladder competition as you pull the rug away from anybody still with very good chances of qualification. Especially given those are the last days of champions ladder and given you knew about the problems and were able to reproduce them internally. Unlike some others, I do not expect you to work on weekends, but given problems popped up early friday/late thursday, a rollback could have been the evry least you could do.

I can't even imagine how this could have gotten through testing. If game crashes even in singleplayer, it is quite clear there was some serious negligence in testing the game on PS4. As majority bluescreens happen even before match starts and both players crash (all of bluescreens this way in my personal case), I see no way this should have gotten past netcode testing, too.

After all those great Legendary Edition news this was totally spectacular way to drop the ball. Fix this when you will, just show some understanding you seriously hurt the community with this. Given this is an update focused on selling 2 more DLC to us, at least giving one or two old ones could be some show of solidarity. It wouldn't even cost that much as new people would still most likely buy eventual "season pass" of DLC races and old people most likely bought them anyways.

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 12 February 2017, 13:43

So basically anyone who is trying to get into the playoffs is screwed then? So these last2-3 days where people have risked the wrath of the bluescreen there games will count for nothing WOW what a joke if you want to be fair extend the tournament a week
The other side of this coin is the coaches that have had their win/loss records, SPP generating potential and bank (if high TV) smashed by this. Extending the tournament a week won't recover the win/loss issue.

In champions ladder it is clear not everybody is affected equally. Some people are "bluescreen hunting" while others have crashrates >90 %.
This is spot on. I'm currently at 100% loss...looks like it's Resident Evil until this is fixed :)
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

Morgnthorgh974

Postby Morgnthorgh974 » 12 February 2017, 15:25

I confirm blue screens for ps4 users in France.
Il is a big problem.
we hope Cyanide fix the problrm.

RandtheMad

Postby RandtheMad » 12 February 2017, 15:43

I have tried one game on the champ ladder and both of us blue screened right before the coin toss. In league many many matches have had bs and needed reset. The game is unplayable. So much for making a push for playoffs

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 February 2017, 15:58

Not what I said. The admin team will discuss the issue but currently the intent is to not have disconnections since the issue started count towards your 8-match limit.

There will be no extension, afaik. Season dates are tied in to CD/Khe release.

Hezekiah87

Postby Hezekiah87 » 12 February 2017, 16:50

Trying to run a massive 64 team league on schedule is not working. So many games needed multiple resets. I know we are not PC, but we do exisit and this is affecting us in a game breaking way. fix this. now. We would rather not be treated like a red headed step child.

TheMightyKav

Postby TheMightyKav » 12 February 2017, 17:28

Hi,

Just adding that I'm also experiencing multiple crashes on PS4 since the update.

Seems somewhat random when it happens although it's typically towards the start of a new match, sometimes when I'm trying to set up my team. Result is always the same, complete crash of the game and the blue screen of death.

Unlike most posters here, I only play against one friend in our own little tournament and so far, it's always me rather than my friend that experiences the crash/blue screen. The only difference we can think of is his game runs off a physical disc and mines a complete digital download, although obviously we both have the latest update.

Would be good to get some sort of statement from the developers as to what's going on, even if it's guidelines on situations more likely to cause it. This appears to be a game-breaking bug you've released.

I'd suggest if you can't implement a quick fix, it might make sense to roll back PS4 users to the previous version to restore stability.

Thanks,

G

BernieBuffon

Postby BernieBuffon » 13 February 2017, 01:04

Not what I said. The admin team will discuss the issue but currently the intent is to not have disconnections since the issue started count towards your 8-match limit.

There will be no extension, afaik. Season dates are tied in to CD/Khe release.
I will be gobsmacked if the release date for khemri and chaos dwarfs is on target for the ps4 but I'm guessing because pc version will be ready to go the console versions will just have to shut up and follow suit and keep to the tournament schedule what is a crying shame maybe when do patches maybe patch on a Monday or Tuesday instead of end of week so if there is a problem then they can resolve it quicker instead of having the weekend off lol

paddex21
Twitter: @Paddex21

Postby paddex21 » 13 February 2017, 07:29

Guys, it is getting unbearable. :cry:

Please fix this ASAP! This game is so great, but app crashes 3/4 of times really suck...

Return to “Technical forum”