Blood Bowl servers are down for xbox users

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
Miraskadu

Re: Blood Bowl servers are down for xbox users

Postby Miraskadu » 28 March 2017, 11:29

Fearlesshyena76 wrote:Hell, I don't want/need compensation for the time I missed. I'll just be glad to get off my night shift and be able to play a game and unwind this morning. I think what upsets people the most here is the lack of communication during this process. Yes, I understand they are in another country and their work ethic is totally different from ours but this is ridiculous.

It would of been interesting to see how people would of reacted if the pc servers went down.

casual racism is casual.

And the communication that you could was a standard, no clue we are looking into it. To the point we might have a clue but this other company that builds your platform needs to talk to us about it. And that turned out to be right. And an honest question, what further details did you want to have revealed, every hunch they tried every fix attempt?

ruffnekk

Postby ruffnekk » 28 March 2017, 14:07

Netheos wrote:Actually I noted some names from FABBL on Xbox One who contacted me to organize a COL on X1.

The number of players being smaller than the other platforms, we might have to adapt the rules of a Champion Ladder, but it's not excluded to create a COL on Xbox in the future.

ist this off topic states in forum rules :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronaldbeanio
Twitter: @ronaldbeanio_

Postby Ronaldbeanio » 28 March 2017, 15:19

Netheos wrote:Actually I noted some names from FABBL on Xbox One who contacted me to organize a COL on X1.

The number of players being smaller than the other platforms, we might have to adapt the rules of a Champion Ladder, but it's not excluded to create a COL on Xbox in the future.

Just out of curiosity what are the requirements for this?

Using Mordrek's GoblinSpy for the 3 days before the xbox server went down (20-22nd March) there were 90 games played in PS4 season 4 and 221 played in Xbox Naf Ladder.

Are there other considerations being taken into account? Private leagues etc?

CodeOmega

Postby CodeOmega » 28 March 2017, 19:37

Netheos wrote:Update about the server issues:

The team seems to have found the issue, an expired Microsoft certificate, but the fix requires an intervention from Microsoft.

We're doing our best to help Microsoft engineers but the fix has to be done on their side.

Appreciate the update, but seriously, isn't it part of someone job to be aware of things like the status of your MS Cert?? It's kind of a big deal, no?

Saying "we're doing our best to help... but it has to be done on their side" is the same as accidentally starting a fire in your house, calling for help, and then blaming the firefighters for it not being out yet whenever a neighbor asks you "what happened??".

You accidentally forgot to keep track of, and renew your MS Cert, and then pushed blame to them when your customers came to ask "what happened??".

Own your mistakes.

SaintTodd

Postby SaintTodd » 28 March 2017, 21:28

CodeOmega wrote:
Netheos wrote:Update about the server issues:

The team seems to have found the issue, an expired Microsoft certificate, but the fix requires an intervention from Microsoft.

We're doing our best to help Microsoft engineers but the fix has to be done on their side.

Appreciate the update, but seriously, isn't it part of someone job to be aware of things like the status of your MS Cert?? It's kind of a big deal, no?

Saying "we're doing our best to help... but it has to be done on their side" is the same as accidentally starting a fire in your house, calling for help, and then blaming the firefighters for it not being out yet whenever a neighbor asks you "what happened??".

You accidentally forgot to keep track of, and renew your MS Cert, and then pushed blame to them when your customers came to ask "what happened??".

Own your mistakes.

Fair assessment.

Fearlesshyena76

Postby Fearlesshyena76 » 28 March 2017, 21:54

I have to ask, if one of these "Microsoft Certificates" has expired how hard is that to fix? Servers are still down and looking like it will be yet another day without them.

Indiges

Postby Indiges » 29 March 2017, 00:11

Servers have been down for six days? BAAAAWWW!

Y'all just don't remember the old days. I know GW isn't at the controls here, but this is a GW property. If you bought some Necron models while you could still paint them in the World Trade Center and you'd be waiting a decade or more for a new codex.

That said, being locked completely out of saved content whenever the servers are down even for single player seems pretty egregious from a design point of view. This is the first console game I've cared at all about since OG NES (I'm generally a PC player) so I hope this isn't standard operating procedure. Many PC folks still won't buy another Sid Meier game years after the fact over an identical issue.

The scary thing is that I'm inclined to go play in a tabletop league in the meantime. This would mean participating in the community, increasing it's viability at local game stores, and ultimately (in some tiny way) potentially adding to the fan base. That ranks right up there with re-buying sponge-soft FineCost models when they inevitably break in a stiff wind. The house ALWAYS wins unless you walk away... and after two decades of gaming I'm not walking away. :|

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 29 March 2017, 14:34

Daily Update

It's been determined that the issue comes from the connection between Cyanide and Xbox Live servers. It takes more time than expected because the system takes into account both Cyanide and Microsoft infrastructures.

The team is still working directly with Microsoft engineers to solve the problem. We don't have any ETA yet but we're doing our best to deploy a fix as soon as possible.
Focus Team

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 29 March 2017, 15:56

Thank you for the update. We really shouldn't need (or expect) such a thorough update, but it is certainly appreciated. This is a very disappointingly long outage, but things happen sometimes. Hopefully it gets resolved soon and efforts are made preemptively to avoid this ever happening again.... Thanks again.

CodeOmega

Postby CodeOmega » 29 March 2017, 19:35

SLHunterUSA wrote:We really shouldn't need (or expect) such a thorough update, but it is certainly appreciated.

If the core of the game and all DLC is unavailable to the paid customer then,yes actually, we should expect an update. 75%+ of the game is "locked" because it can't "call home".

It's not a few select features being disabled, it's the entirety of the game except for the campaign.

You purchase a DVD (blu-ray, whatever) and after watching it once, it no longer plays. Would you expect an answer from the manufacturer/ studio, or would you be satisfied with your shiny new coaster? What if they reassured you that they'd fix it, but couldn't tell you when? How long before you got to the point where you decided that you no longer wished to support that company and no longer buy their product? How long before you decide that you don't even want to watch that movie anymore?

To make this situation even worse, it happens during a big sale. What kind of impression do you think is being made to the influx of new players? Do you think any of them will purchase DLC or the
Legendary edition after seeing this?

One would think there would be some SERIOUS damage control to try and mitigate some of this disappointment, but the best we've gotten is "The team is still doing its best to find a fix with Microsoft. No ETA yet".

This isn't a good look.

Return to “Technical forum”