Blood Bowl 2 crash - black screen during match

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
BeardedOaf

Blood Bowl 2 crash - black screen during match

Postby BeardedOaf » 26 March 2017, 11:08

Hi,

I'm looking for help getting Blood Bowl 2 to work on my new high spec gaming laptop. Every time I attempt to play a match, be it multiplayer or local single player I can play for around 10-15 minutes max before the screen will go black and either the game will continue to run with this black screen until I end task/close it or it will fully crash and bring up the Cyanide crash box saying to up date my video drivers. The laptop comes with a Nvidia GTX 1070 which is more than overkill for Blood Bowl 2 and I am running the latest drivers. I have tried all the suggested fixes from this and the steam forums, editing config to each setting to 1, unticking spectators option, run as administrator etc but I just can't seem to get this working for more than 10-15 minutes without crashing.

Looking at my laptops event viewer after a crash, it appears the Nvidia driver keeps failing and recovering when this crash happens. I believe it's specific to Blood Bowl 2 and probably some kind of bug as I have played plenty of Battlefield 1 and Total War Warhammer on this new laptop without any issues. Would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this as I have a couple of BB2 league commitments I enjoy and would like to continue with. I have attached a winrar of 1 of the many crash reports I have encountered when testing various settings in the config.
BB crash.rar
BB crash.rar
(46.85 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

BeardedOaf

Re: Blood Bowl 2 crash - black screen during match

Postby BeardedOaf » 29 March 2017, 08:41

In case anybody had encountered this issue and are also looking for a fix I have attempted the instructions provided in the below post: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... stopped/1/

As it took up a lot of the evening to get to the point where I could test Blood bowl 2 again I only managed to test 1 match afterwards against the CPU. I managed to play the full game without a crash (where as before I would be lucky to get to 15 mins in before it crashed) so this looks like it could be a potential solution. So it looks like it's more of a Windows 10/Nvidia graphics driver issue rather than anything to do with Blood Bowl 2 (other than it was the game that triggered this crash for me).

Return to “Technical forum”