Concession/Disconnection Implementation

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
Evilsmirk

Concession/Disconnection Implementation

Postby Evilsmirk » 31 March 2017, 13:05

LRB6 states a coach may concede at the start of his/her turn. Is it possible to incorporate this? Has it been discussed? Based on what I've experienced, conceding is done to prevent the opposing coach from some benefit, usually SPP for a TD. (Concede before the player can score and he's denied the SPP.) Limiting it to the start of the turn would help eliminate this. It would also prevent the knee-jerk "I just quad skulled my 2nd block of the match after he got the blitz kick off result" quitting.

Is it possible that instead of a 5min countdown timer for disconnects before auto concession, that the AI take over after a shorter wait? The flipside of this would be that since the match is still in progress a discoed coach could rejoin at anytime while the match is still active. Also since the match finished out, the penalties associated with conceding would not apply. Plus the other coach would still get to play and steer potential development.

dode74

Re: Concession/Disconnection Implementation

Postby dode74 » 31 March 2017, 13:09

I suspect people would simply alt+f4 instead.

Not sure handing over to the AI is a good idea. People concede for real reasons as well.

Evilsmirk

Postby Evilsmirk » 31 March 2017, 14:00

Regardless of the reason, it should have as minimal detriment to the opposing coach as possible. Also that reason will still be there at the start of your next turn, no more than four minuets away. I was simply wondering if the idea had ever been discussed.

While intentionally giving your team over to the AI might not be a good thing, keeping your gold and MVP because your power went out on turn 14 doesn't sound bad to me. Again, just presenting an idea for honest consideration.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 31 March 2017, 14:02

Yeah, I get it. It has been discussed before and I was simply reiterating the opinions I recalled seeing before.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 31 March 2017, 14:12

The issue is that the server can not tell the difference between killing the process via taskmanager unplugging ethernet cable or your house burning down.

The point that you should be able to finish your turn, if the opponent for what ever reason concedes, seems fine by me. I would put it after the timer marker btw, so that on a disconnect you still have the full time to get back to the game and not be punished for it even more.

This might invite your opponent then for some more risky plays to get those last spps in but that is nothing I find to bothersome.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 31 March 2017, 14:26

I'd be fine with "a concession/disconnection can only happen during your own turn". If it happens during your own turn you should be able to finish that turn, with all of your opponent's timers running out while he fails to make a choice (no need to use AI).

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 31 March 2017, 23:00

I'd be fine with "a concession/disconnection can only happen during your own turn". If it happens during your own turn you should be able to finish that turn, with all of your opponent's timers running out while he fails to make a choice (no need to use AI).
That is that I meant and yes please no AI taking over. I'll like to kill my players myself with dumb decisions I don't need the AI for that. :D

Return to “Technical forum”