Wish list for xbox version of LE and or BB3

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
Bryan506

Wish list for xbox version of LE and or BB3

Postby Bryan506 » 09 April 2017, 02:44

1) The selection of dice needs to be improved, so many misclicks because the ui performance is slow to acknowledge users requested input
2) The ui performance is slow to acknowledge users requested input ( yes again, but this is in general on every user input)
3) matchmaking lobby (options for user to select a range of TV to play, a displayed number of coaches in the lobby)
4) user given ability to customize uniforms
5) is there ever going to be cross play? at the very least between PC users and xbox users?
6) team creation (ability to grab friends list gamertags as name of players on team

this a start

Trickpick

Re: Wish list for xbox version of LE and or BB3

Postby Trickpick » 09 April 2017, 13:39

I'm not exactly sure where to start with a wishlist as, currently, the game is pretty broken on the XB1.

Solo mode: there's a couple of bugs whereby either a solo league cannot be found once you turn your game off and then return to it or no progress is logged so when you go back to it your results and SPP have reset. Both have been mentioned on these forums and yet not even an acknowledgement of these issues have been forthcoming from the PTB.

Online league: So, as I'm sure is the case with the other platforms, the Open Ladder is horrific. Unlike other platforms there is no Champions ladder, which is even more galling now there are prizes. We've been told that no-one wanted to run one and that the community isn't big enough (although GoblinSpy does seem to say something different about the XB and PS communities, although I may well be reading that wrong).

I acknowledge that the devs have made an effort to grow the community with sales, etc. It is bad luck that the last big sale coincided with a week-long server issue which likely didn't do much for bringing new people in.

The issue of growing and maintaining a community for what is a fairly niche game (especially one which is so delightfully complex!) is difficult and I don't know what the answers are. Maybe some form of "Looking to Learn" ladder for new players, or some volunteer mentors to play friendlies against. Although a Champions Ladder as something to aim for should also be part of the package.

TL:DR

1) Fix the big bugs.
2) Communicate better with your player base.
3) Work with your community to grow, nurture and maintain the player base.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 09 April 2017, 14:44

Trickpick wrote:TL:DR

1) Fix the big bugs.

Heh! PC players have been saying this since BB1 was released...
In regards to #2, this is a golden age of official communication compared to how it's been in the past!
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
plasmoid wrote:And hey, don't knock masturbating. Judging from this thread, it's a reasonably popular pastime.

Bryan506

Postby Bryan506 » 09 April 2017, 15:35

I have to disagree about the game being broke. I have had not one issue with the solo leagues with well over 100 games, and or save issues. It is impossible for anyone to fix a bug that they can not see. Is there a gremlin that shows for a very specific event, possibly, but again, you can not fix it if you do not see it. Online leagues, there is a couple online xbox communities, mature communities, that are run rather well. The NAF is for those who want to win at all costs, not for the players who just want a friendly.

Trickpick wrote:I'm not exactly sure where to start with a wishlist as, currently, the game is pretty broken on the XB1.

Solo mode: there's a couple of bugs whereby either a solo league cannot be found once you turn your game off and then return to it or no progress is logged so when you go back to it your results and SPP have reset. Both have been mentioned on these forums and yet not even an acknowledgement of these issues have been forthcoming from the PTB.

Online league: So, as I'm sure is the case with the other platforms, the Open Ladder is horrific. Unlike other platforms there is no Champions ladder, which is even more galling now there are prizes. We've been told that no-one wanted to run one and that the community isn't big enough (although GoblinSpy does seem to say something different about the XB and PS communities, although I may well be reading that wrong).

I acknowledge that the devs have made an effort to grow the community with sales, etc. It is bad luck that the last big sale coincided with a week-long server issue which likely didn't do much for bringing new people in.

The issue of growing and maintaining a community for what is a fairly niche game (especially one which is so delightfully complex!) is difficult and I don't know what the answers are. Maybe some form of "Looking to Learn" ladder for new players, or some volunteer mentors to play friendlies against. Although a Champions Ladder as something to aim for should also be part of the package.

TL:DR

1) Fix the big bugs.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 10 April 2017, 12:23

Trickpick wrote:Maybe some form of "Looking to Learn" ladder for new players, or some volunteer mentors to play friendlies against. Although a Champions Ladder as something to aim for should also be part of the package.

This is already a thing on PC, completely run by volunteers, and doing great work in retaining new coaches and showing them how great league play can be. Maybe you guys should talk to the people running the REBBRL about having an XBOne section? It could be standalone (would have to be in terms of gameplay), but I could see a merger of community, tournament styles, and importantly, a place for new coaches to ask questions.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Return to “Technical forum”