(PC) Kick skill not working if player KO'ed and returns to pitch

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
glasshammer

(PC) Kick skill not working if player KO'ed and returns to pitch

Postby glasshammer » 12 April 2017, 20:54

Hi there,

Not sure if this has been reported before but I regularly play woodies, and regularly have players KO'ed.

My kicker was KO'ed first half, returned second half, I set him up centrally away from the line of scrummage, the kick skill was not activated. Sadly this happened twice and may have influenced the game not likely but every little helps.

I read somewhere to put him on the bench then bring him back on but sadly by this stage no bench existed??

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?? If not will it be picked up in the legendary edition.

Glasshammer

Javelin

Re: (PC) Kick skill not working if player KO'ed and returns to pitch

Postby Javelin » 13 April 2017, 17:39

It's not really broken, just un-intuitive.

You as a coach have control over which eligible player kicks the ball. The interface by default picks a player with the kick skill on your first kickoff if he is on the field and in an eligible kick location. But if he ever leaves the field and then comes back that player won't be automatically selected to be the kicker on your next kickoff. At that point I think it's basically random.

So what you need to do is click on the player you want to kick the ball on the kickoff screen. If you select a player with the kick skill then the arrows will go from the full range to the smaller kick range and things will work as normal.

You are not the first to have this happen! It's not a good UI and not obvious, but once you know how to do it its an non-issue.

Hope this helps.

glasshammer

Re: (PC) Kick skill not working if player KO'ed and returns to pitch

Postby glasshammer » 14 April 2017, 02:02

thanks javelin I will give it a go

Glasshammer

Return to “Technical forum”