Scoring a TD during a blitz (catching a kick in the end zone) does not register properly (also - the greatest TD ever)

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
noamto

Scoring a TD during a blitz (catching a kick in the end zone) does not register properly (also - the greatest TD ever)

Postby noamto » 29 April 2017, 01:28

WARNING - TURN AUDIO VOLUME DOWN BEFORE VIEWING THE CLIP (and strong language)

During a blitz event, if the ball landing spot is in the end zone and you manage to get a player underneath it and catch (which is actually possible as you can see in the clip below), the touchdown will not register until the opponent takes an action. This also happened before turn 1 so that might also be part of the bug.

Part 1: How the player got there
https://clips.twitch.tv/ResilientCorrectZebraDxCat

Part 2: What happens when the kick is caught in the end zone
WARNING - TURN AUDIO VOLUME DOWN
https://clips.twitch.tv/PiliableGorgeousTubersMVGame
WARNING - TURN AUDIO VOLUME DOWN

Link to the full video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138756220?t=14m9s

This also advances the turn timer, so I'm not sure if according to the rules this is correct since the TD was supposed to happen before turn 1, not during the opponent's turn.

All credit goes to Skyblue Monty
Last edited by noamto on 29 April 2017, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Darkson

Re: Scoring a TD during a blitz (catching a kick in the end zone) does not register properly (also - the greatest TD eve

Postby Darkson » 29 April 2017, 08:33

Minor bug, but not as you think it should be.

1. You can ONLY score during your turn or during your opponents turn - you cannot score "between" turns.
2. The ball lands AFTER you have finished your Blitz move, so therefore (as per #1) you don't score at this point.
3. This is where the minor bug is - as soon as your opponent starts their turn (as per the rules) the score should register then. The digital version needs the opponent to confirm a move before this happens, though you'll note it doesn't actually take the move.

And yes, the turns advancing are as per the rules, which it might be sensible for you to read and understand before shouting that something isn't working correctly.

And to be honest, that's not even that special of a One-Turn-Score - much more impressive when teams have to pull off multiple dodges/pushes and GFIs to push one of their own players into the opposing half to get there.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Valcurdra

Re: Scoring a TD during a blitz (catching a kick in the end zone) does not register properly (also - the greatest TD eve

Postby Valcurdra » 29 April 2017, 10:29

I for one am impressed you scored before turn 1!

Darkson .... Just so negative

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 29 April 2017, 11:18

Scoring on a Blitz is impressive, but relatively easy to do with Throw Team Mate. Pushing your own player forward to do it is so much harder, and even more impressive, even when I've had it done to me.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 29 April 2017, 13:05

Scoring on a Blitz is impressive, but relatively easy to do with Throw Team Mate. Pushing your own player forward to do it is so much harder, and even more impressive, even when I've had it done to me.
Both are rare and worth getting excited about. As are many cool events in BB.

Pointless to be negative about it.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 29 April 2017, 13:10

Pointless to be overly positive about it either.
Home of the ARBBL

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 29 April 2017, 13:23

Pointless to be overly positive about it either.
Zzzzzzz wake me up when the next game starts.

noamto

Postby noamto » 29 April 2017, 18:11

Where did I "shout that something isn't working correctly"?

noamto

Postby noamto » 29 April 2017, 20:44

I for one am impressed you scored before turn 1!

Darkson .... Just so negative
It wasn't me though.

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 01 May 2017, 16:07

Cheers for Monty. He's a fun stream to watch and a fun opponent to play against. Glad that he got it...

Return to “Technical forum”