PS4 Blue Screens are still happening, Cyanide please solve this finally

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
Schod

PS4 Blue Screens are still happening, Cyanide please solve this finally

Postby Schod » 16 May 2017, 03:43

I've had a blue screen a few hours ago (again) in the Champions Ladder with my Top3-Team against another good coach. Now i get the disadvantage of a loss and no money, while he gets a free win and extra cash from a game i could have won (it was 0:0 in turn 13 and i had the ball).

I never expressed my anger about this here before and tried to keep calm, but enough is enough. It was nice to see that you got the BS-bug in March under control after just a week (started competing in the CLadder around that time, which was the worst timing ever). But this crap happens to me - and definitely for other coaches too - 4 to 5 times per season. I bought your game back in November 2015 and that is a constant thing since then.

No other game does that on my PS, even the buggy No Mans Sky got its crashing issue under control in the last months. Dear Cyanide, you have way more manpower than Hello Games, this should be a shame for your whole company and you should be trying to solve this issue with every programmer you have at hand. Nearly 2 years are gone and there is no solution in sight. I love BB and your game is the best way to play it besides Tabletop, but this is unacceptable if there is a competition on the line with price money to win. Everyone in the CLadder is trying to keep a good score, but this bug is falsifying the results and all you do is sweep this issue under the rug and hope not to many people get upset about it.

At least tell us that you're TRYING to find the cause, don't blame your playerbase and tell them that it doesnt happen to anyone and smth must be wrong with their console. My console is fine. Only your game keeps doing it. Almost for 2 years now.

Rant over. Hoping for the best. Dont forget to work on THIS special issue for LE. Would be a perfect and well rounded game for me then.
Last edited by Schod on 16 May 2017, 04:02, edited 1 time in total.

Schod

Re: PS4 Blue Screens are still happening, Cyanide please solve this finally

Postby Schod » 16 May 2017, 03:58

Maybe some guys now say, ok, NMS is not a good comparison because it is a singleplayer game. I just thought of it because it had the biggest problems. For the sake of completeness: MP-games i play/played on the PS4 and have no problems with: Madden every year, NBA2K every year, Rocket League, Trackmania Turbo, F12016, Dirt Rally, Mortal Kombat X, Final Fantasy XIV, Elder Scrolls Online, and sure some others i forgot. A big list that has no problems with my machine...

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 16 May 2017, 11:30

Hello Schod, I have some questions:
- how long was this BB2 session?
- how many matches did you play?
- between 2 sessions, do you put your PS4 in Rest mode while in BB2 or do you totally shut down the console?
- do you regularly play other games on your PS4 or only BB2?

I'm sorry that you encounter this issue, our goal is obviously a crash-free game and it's why these info will help us a lot :)

Schod

Postby Schod » 16 May 2017, 13:21

Thanks for the reply at first. Now to your questions:
- My session yesterday was around 2 or 3 hours long in complete (including the restart)
- I played two games yesterday, in the first my opponent had a Blue Screen right at the start. After that i shut down my own PS (not in rest mode, complete shut down) and started a new game. Then it happened in turn 13.
- Since the PS4-admins gave me the tip of shutting down completely after one or two games last season, i do this after each game and it helps quite a bit. But not all the time, and it is really angering when it happens to your own top-team.
- I play other games regularly too on my system, some of them listed above. Altough i must say i seldom played other Multiplayer-games in the last 3 months, because i fell in love with the new Ladder-system implemented in Blood Bowl.

I love your game and really would love to see it running stable. So thanks for replying again and i hope my answers helped a bit and you can get that under control. Good luck with that!

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 17 May 2017, 11:15

Thanks for your answer, I've some additional questions:
- do you play with the game disk or with a digital version?
- do you know if your PS4 hard drive is almost full?
- What was the races of the 2 teams in the match that crashed?
- Do you remember if there were Starplayers on the pitch?
- Do you remember what was the kind of stadium and its upgrade level?

Shaggrath

Postby Shaggrath » 17 May 2017, 15:26

Just had a blue screen (first of the season and I had AT LEAST 3 last season)

-turn7
- high evles v skaven(i was skaven)
-5 injuries 3 ko's
- i had played 1 game before and my not full hard drive ps4 had been on for 2 1/2 hours.
- it happened JUST as I was using my wizard.

Schod

Postby Schod » 17 May 2017, 16:16

- I play with a digital version.
- I have the original 500 GB hard disk and it's 80% full = 400 GB used. Does it help for the moment if i erase some stuff? Could get rid of some old videos i think.
- It was Undead vs Necromantic.
- No starplyers were on the pitch, my opponent had a wizard and used it on the turn before my Blue Screen turn (i was blocking with a ghoul as it happened).
- The stadium was a level 2 Badlands stadium without any enhancements.

If you have further questions, i will gladly answer them. Just hoping for this problem to end soon, because like it turns out, this one unnecessary loss will be a really crucial one (the 2-time winner of the cup, Arzowane_5 started a Necro-team...)

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 22 May 2017, 16:53

2 Bluescreens in 2 games, and my choas team that were flying high are now struggling.

Luckily I was streaming during the 2nd bluescreen and I had my say on the matter. It's a bit of a rant so apologies for that but I'm a passionate guy ;)

It's time you sorted this. I'm reaching my limit of patience with this issue.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146258548
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 22 May 2017, 16:56

Following on from my last post, below is the link to the game stream where I suffered my 2nd bluescreen around T6/7.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146249385

Maybe this will help you sort out this issue.

For the record, my PS4 was not on for more than an hour with each bluescreen issue, and on each occasion it was the 1st game since starting BB2.
My PS4 is the 500GB version, and it is also approx 80% full.
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

Schod

Postby Schod » 22 May 2017, 20:13

:evil: Number 2 happened for me right now, against Undeads with a Chaosteam, non-upgraded stadium i think, my other dates are up there and i restarted my Playstation right before the game and did exactly nothing else except starting a game and hoping for a good match (which i got, but yeah...). Can someone at least say if there will be work put into solving this? Will LE be worth a buy and make BB2 finally crashfree or get a rejoin function? Not only does it keep me from playing fearfree with my top team, it literally just steals my gaming time...

Return to “Technical forum”