PS4 Blue Screens are still happening, Cyanide please solve this finally

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Re: PS4 Blue Screens are still happening, Cyanide please solve this finally

Postby CalciumCas » 23 May 2017, 09:22

3rd game of the day last night, and the 3rd bluescreen, except it was my opponent that fell victim to it this time. Is this an issue again Cyanide?
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

Coach Jean-Louis

Postby Coach Jean-Louis » 08 June 2017, 09:27

An other Blue screen for me too. My team is now 12-8-3 with 2 losses due to BS. I won 2 games due to other players BS so nearly 25% of my games ended due to those bugs.
Can we at least have the opportunity to reconnect to the game. I'd be cool to have 5 minutes to reconnect to the match if you're not able to solve the issue properly.

Info I have:
Session on playstation was about 4 hours long.
I restarted the application before the game.
Bug happened when using fireball (just when I was validating the fireball placement) near the LOS at turn 9 or 10.

Schod

Postby Schod » 08 June 2017, 21:29

Are you "jeanlouisharry" on PS4? Then i had a weird loss against you last night. I got your Nurgle-Team and at the inducement screen the game showed me the classic "waiting for server"-box when it normally tries to reconnect after a short connection-break. Normally it reconnects me in the 2 minutes though. This time it just kicked me out to the team-screen without even crashing. After some waiting it showed me a 2-0 loss against you...what was that? I never experienced something similar before.

Anyways: I'm on 3 unnecessary losses this season and was on the fence of quitting the game for real this time and go back to playing TT. Thanks to the great PS4-community that pulled me out of the ropes (special thanks to BernieBuffon in that particular case today), i will stay and just annoy you devs and represantatives with keeping this thread on the top of the technical forums by posting after every loss i get through your game bugs. Until you fixed the Blue Screens anyhow. Someone has to do it or otherwise you will let this disappear in the depth of the forum. So many people already gave up on the issue and think you "don't care two sh***" like a friendly BB-coach told me...

Coach Jean-Louis

Postby Coach Jean-Louis » 09 June 2017, 08:24

Hi Schod, yes it's me. And I think the game I talk about in this thread was also against your Undeads (I'm not sure though)
And yes it's really annoying and PS4 version definitely needs some serious updates.

So please Cyanide do something about it.

Schod

Postby Schod » 09 June 2017, 11:50

And I think the game I talk about in this thread was also against your Undeads (I'm not sure though)
Can't be, i'm not playing Undead this season, must have been someone else. But you're absolutely right, this issue keeps so many guys from regularly playing on PS4, i don't understand how this hasn't got enough attention so far to convince the devs of working seriously on it...

Schod

Postby Schod » 20 June 2017, 06:38

Had Crash Number 4 of this season on Friday, the 16th of June.
- Happened in a game between my brets "Rocky's Legacy" and a Khemri Team.
- Was in my stadium (Level 2 and Security Gate as enhancement).
- No starplayers were on the pitch.
- It happened in turn 12 of the opponents (he is a well known contributor in this forum by the way) turn, right after he blocked one of my peasants with a Tomb Guardian.

I was well on my way to a 2-0 win at this point of the game, instead it was counted as a 1-3 loss...please do something about this, please tell us you're working on it (and if a solution is coming with LE). These crashes are soulcrushing for every competitive-minded coach... I just want to keep playing in a flourishing environment and not find myself lacking any opponents in a few months when LE comes out. Well, i stop the rants for this season (not playing until it ends), but i think you will hear from me next season.

Gl to the devs, i hope they find the cause (soon)

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 20 June 2017, 10:44

Hello, I can confirm that we're working on it for the LE patch.

We're doing our best to ensure the game is as stable as possible, whether on PC or on consoles.

Schod

Postby Schod » 20 June 2017, 18:36

:mrgreen: :D Wuhu, these are great news!
Thanks for the confirmation and the hard work, now i don't need to bugger you because of every single crash anymore. The release of LE will be like a second christmas day for me now :lol:
Last edited by Schod on 25 June 2017, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Postby CalciumCas » 23 June 2017, 14:09

Yet another Bluescreen game just now, and as usual I was in a strong position to win the game, but following this 'concession' I have no choice but to retire the team and reset.

I have loved being part of and a representative of the BB2 community on the PS4 along with the other coaches there, and I will genuinely miss playing them...I have made a number of good mates during the last 6 months or so (since Cladder III) and I have put a great deal of effort into streaming matches with the likes of SeriousJest, BernieBuffon, Stuntmandidi and others, including extensive coverage of every finals game since season III. I was more than happy to support Blood Bowl, as I love this game (been playing since 1989) and I think largely you have done an excellent job with it in this game, it's mostly a joy to play.

I understand that you are working on a patch for LE, but I think you need to properly understand how damaging this is for your game's longevity on the PS4. I know a number of regular coaches are properly pissed off with this issue (ask Durrun if you don't believe me), as am I. The shallow player pool that is the PS4 will surely be further emptied with bluescreens driving away the very casual gamers you wish to entice to play.

I will most likely now switch to the Xbox1 (as well as the PC from time to time) following your announcement regarding prize money. I do this with a heavy heart, I will miss a number of coaches on the PS4, but I cannot handle Bluescreens anymore. I have had a rant about this on twitch following a live bluescreen a month or so ago https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146258548 *warning there is the odd swear word!* - for what my opinion is worth.

Without knowing anything about programming, I wonder how this issue has been allowed to continue for so long? Can any regular (or new for that matter) coaches have a guarantee that we will not be investing in LE with bluescreen still being an issue?

Rant over, it's good to get things off your chest right?
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 23 June 2017, 15:57

FYI, the XB1 is capable of crashing mid-game as well, although it doesn't sound as often. Be sure to restart the game(by Quitting the program where it fully reboots the game each time, not just simply Resume) each time before playing another; it seems to have a propensity to crash on your 3rd or 4th game in a row. There is/was a crash also that occurs sometimes after the Inducements Screen, while the game is loading the field and players. That can usually be avoided by restarting the game, and can be tested for crash by loading up a game in Cabalvision(seems as if it doesn't crash there, it shouldn't crash loading the game in). PC seems to be the most stable by far, if that's what your main goal of the switch is...

Return to “Technical forum”