Changing language database for AI player names

Report here the bugs you experience in Blood Bowl 2.
MegaDoomer

Changing language database for AI player names

Postby MegaDoomer » 11 June 2017, 09:14

Hi,

I managed to change language from PL to EN in Localization folder to enjoy this game like creators wanted.

Problem comes when I play against AI teams, their players have still Polish names and they are bad, cringeworthy bad. I can rename my team, but renaming players of every other team is just too much.

Is there a way to have AI team player names in English?

BTW localization is the worst thing that happened to games. In good old times when I was a kid games made me learn English. Now we have sloppy translation made by college seniors as part of their assignments and voice-overs that make me cringe at the sound of word voice-over.

dragonwolf

Re: Changing language database for AI player names

Postby dragonwolf » 15 June 2017, 08:08

Can t you just choose the default language during set up?

MegaDoomer

Re: Changing language database for AI player names

Postby MegaDoomer » 17 June 2017, 08:06

Hi,

Reinstalled game multiple times, but did not work. It goes Polish even though I looked through config files and it has English everywhere.

I have steam version. Key bought via Steam or Polish store (really can't remember).

UPDATE:

Just reinstalled the game to check if I am not crazy. Good news, I am not. No language selection during installation from Steam, so this is not it. Also, the fact that the text of menu is default Polish and you have to switch language files to have the menus in English is a bit fishy.

Return to “Technical forum”