World Cup 2016 Announcement

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Netheos
Administrateur

World Cup 2016 Announcement

Postby Netheos » 15 January 2016, 10:41

Hey Coaches!

We’re pleased to announce the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!

REGISTER NOW

The tournament is in two phases: the qualifier stage and the play-off.

World Cup Qualifiers

REGISTER NOW

There are two ways to qualify for the World Cup Play-off:
  • The Official World Cup Qualifier
  • The Community Qualifier Leagues
Official World Cup Ladder

The World Cup Ladder can be found in the "Official World Cup Ladder" league in game.

The league is divided into three seasons of one month each.

- The first season starts 11 February 2016 and finishes 11 March 2016.
- The second season starts 11 March 2016 and finishes 11 April 2016.
- The third season starts 11 April 2016 and finishes 11 May 2016.

At the end of each season, the best five coaches on the leaderboard will qualify for the World Cup Play Off.
A coach can have as many teams as he wants in the ladder, but each team must play at least five matches and a maximum of 20 matches.

Any team with more than 20 matches will be disqualified.

If you aren't registered, you can't qualify, even if your team is in the top five.

You can only qualify once. If the same coach has several teams in the top five, we extend to the top six, or even further if needed to qualify five coaches.

The number of concessions allowed in a season (one month) of the Official World Cup Ladder is limited to 5 per Coach, with any of his/her teams.
If a Coach concedes more than 5 times, regardless of his/her team, during a season, he/she will be disqualified from the current season.

Disconnections count as concessions, but remember the reconnection feature gives you 6 minutes to come back in the game after a crash (up to 6 times).

Any cheating or suspicion of cheating will result in a ban of the coach from the World Cup.

This competition is open to new teams only (Team Value <= 1000).

If two teams have the same amount of victory, we will check in the following order:
- The number of losses of the two teams. (The player with fewer losses wins)
- The number of draws of the two teams. (The player with fewer draws wins)
- The TD difference (the team with the highest [touchdowns for - touchdowns against] wins).
- The number of concessions of each player with any team in the competition during the whole season. (The player with fewer concessions wins)

Community Qualifier Leagues

We organised the World Cup with the biggest and most active Blood Bowl community leagues. A Blood Bowl World Cup would be meaningless without its awesome community and that's why you'll be able to qualify for the playoff in the numerous community leagues!

You need to fill the registration form before applying for a Community Qualifier.

Each league has its own rules and organises its own qualifier tournament.

Here is the list of all the Official Community Qualifier Leagues, the forum name of their main commissioner, their rules, nationality and a contact email:

Registrations are open until 9 February 2016.

The number of tickets for the Play-off awarded to each league will be unveiled 11 February 2016.

The Community Qualifier Leagues start 11 February 2016 and finishes on 11 May 2016.

World Cup Play Off

The 64 best players from the qualifiers will have access to the Play Off.

The Play Off is a 64 player single-elimination tournament starting 18 May 2016. It lasts six weeks and finishes 29 June 2016.
Semi-finals, finals and 3rd/4th place decider match will be in Best of 3 (players need to win two games to win the match).

Players qualified for the Play Off will create a brand new team with any races available in the game and keep it for the whole competition.
The tournament will have a four minute turn duration.
Focus Team

MadsKofod

Re: World Cup 2016 Announcement

Postby MadsKofod » 15 January 2016, 13:30

Hello

Ive read all i could about BB2 World Cup 2016, but still feel confused about how you will be able to enter (apart from registering).

Am i correct to assume that it will only be announced february 11.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 15 January 2016, 13:42

Hello

Ive read all i could about BB2 World Cup 2016, but still feel confused about how you will be able to enter (apart from registering).

Am i correct to assume that it will only be announced february 11.
The official world cup ladder will open February 11 in a separate league called "Official World Cup Ladder".

Concerning the community qualifiers, you can see with each individual league but they should start around this date too.
Focus Team

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 15 January 2016, 14:44

Very exciting!
So... do any of the qualifying leagues want to sign up a new coach? I've played a bit of blood bowl 2 in the open ladder, but never in a private league yet. ;)
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 15 January 2016, 14:54

The best thing to do for private league WCQ registration is to go down the list, click the link(s) o
the leagues you like the look of, register to their forums & then make a post in their world
cup signup thread.

mamutas

Postby mamutas » 15 January 2016, 15:57

For BBTactics.com here is a direct link for the sign up thread: http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/worl ... read.6265/

Good luck to you all!

mamutas

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 15 January 2016, 16:01

Those are some insane prizes!
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 15 January 2016, 16:55

Invitamos a todos los Latinoamericanos a unirse en nuestra eliminatoria latina en ABBLE (Asociación de Blood Bowl de Lustria y Estalia)!
[/b]

I am so pumped up about this hehe.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 15 January 2016, 17:10

Very exciting!
So... do any of the qualifying leagues want to sign up a new coach? I've played a bit of blood bowl 2 in the open ladder, but never in a private league yet. ;)
As stated above, the best thing to do is pick a league(s) that are in your active time zone and if you like the looks of the league, then sign-up there. You can ask around on the forums too, as most coaches will tell you about the leagues that they are in and give you some opinions, etc.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 15 January 2016, 17:45

Okay, just for the sake of clarity Netheos - you mention a coach can only have one team qualify.

Now, does that mean one per each of the three seasons in the Official World Cup Ladder? One per all the combined seasons of the Ladder?

Also how does it work if I say signed up for every single Community competition?

What I'm asking for is clarity on what were to happen if say someone played in multiple qualifier competitions and had a couple teams that placed in Community competitions and hence qualified and also finished top 5 in say two of the seasons for the Ladder?

Are we saying flat out, a coach may only have 1 team qualify from any source?

EDIT - I read through the Terms & Conditions just now. So it appears you may only qualify once from any of the Seasons on the Ladder. You also may only qualify once through a Community comp. For the Community comps, if you have multiple teams you pick the one you want to represent. It doesn't specifically say, but I imagine then the rules are leaning towards no matter what a coach can only have 1 team qualify. I'm curious now about the policy regarding players with multiple accounts. I hope due to the sign up process that they are screening for that.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”