World Cup 2016 Announcement

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
TheSpydyr

Re: World Cup 2016 Announcement

Postby TheSpydyr » 21 January 2016, 19:37

The above amendments are a big improvement in my opinion. Hopefully it is a large enough deterrent towards repeated farming for perfect records or simply quitting out of losing efforts early in a teams life.
You can still quit out of teams early losing efforts, but you will need to finish the current game that you are playing with them. Then you can just delete the team and start a new one. But, at least it should stop all of the pre-game and early turn concessions for sure.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Adam_Spokane

Postby Adam_Spokane » 22 January 2016, 17:44

I'm assuming a conceded game will count towards the 20 game max?

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 22 January 2016, 18:02

I'm assuming a conceded game will count towards the 20 game max?
Yes, it should.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 22 January 2016, 19:45

The above amendments are a big improvement in my opinion. Hopefully it is a large enough deterrent towards repeated farming for perfect records or simply quitting out of losing efforts early in a teams life.
You can still quit out of teams early losing efforts, but you will need to finish the current game that you are playing with them. Then you can just delete the team and start a new one. But, at least it should stop all of the pre-game and early turn concessions for sure.
At least that means that each game should be played meaningfully and represent a real game of BB. A big improvement imo. For me it doesn't change much; I would still retire a team after an early tie before (but never concede), and I still will do the same now. For the expected opposition, fun, and representativeness of the rankings, though, this should be superb. I hope they'll actually kick/ban people from the season after the 5th concession, rather than merely invalidate their results. Otherwise they can still do so unaware or to grief. =/
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 22 January 2016, 20:24

At least that means that each game should be played meaningfully and represent a real game of BB.
That's exactly the aim.
I hope they'll actually kick/ban people from the season after the 5th concession, rather than merely invalidate their results. Otherwise they can still do so unaware or to grief. =/
I believe that is the intent. The idea is to stop people conceding at all or risk their inclusion in the tournament.

Czeftek

Postby Czeftek » 23 January 2016, 20:03

Well i was thinking. There should be a max number of team you can go in with. Without that we will get player that know that they will not win (like im 4-0 now vs skaven) and will go kamikaze to take down the player withe the high xp on the team. And if we go i dont know max 5 teams we will have a lot less of this happening. And it will also stop the 20:0 win ratio. Thx to this we will have ppl that are willing to play real BB, ppl that care for there team and not go - o hell its a lost well i will take that gutter runner with me and get a new team after... And with that in mind we will see good coaches with a good teams but no lvl 5 no premainjuries on team. Im going with the limit of 5 (maybe 2 much or 2 little) cas it always can happen to get 3 of your players killed in game 1 (happen to me). And its almost impossible to get out of that.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 January 2016, 20:06

Taking out players is part of the game. And if you limit the number of teams the league will die out as people reach that limit, meaning some people will not be able to play their teams.

Czeftek

Postby Czeftek » 23 January 2016, 22:10

Taking out players is part of the game. And if you limit the number of teams the league will die out as people reach that limit, meaning some people will not be able to play their teams.
Yes but there is a difference between tactically taking a player out and going all out just to kill as much as you can cas i wont play this team no more. Well I just dont wont to games look like this:
We are after the 1 half, you are winning 4:0 so i cant win this (or i think i cant) and i go all out to do as much injury as a can. I will try to kill your Rat-ogr with a single bretonnian peasant. I will go all out to make your team as mucha as unplayable as i can. I will do this cas im deleting this team after the game. In a normal game if im going to take out your star player im risking a bit. In my scenario im risking nothing cas i dont care what happens to this team. With the current system there is no motivation to play your team after a loss cas there will be a lot of players that will start all over. And after a few days the new team will feed more the teams that got 3-4 wins and making the scenario where in the final we only have 20:0 teams more possible.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 January 2016, 22:34

Sounds entirely in keeping with the competition and the game to me.

Think of it this way, from the perspective of a Blood Bowl coach: this is a do-or-die competition, and unless you win you are out. You are a nasty, dirty, unpleasant coach in charge of nasty, dirty, unpleasant players. Do you:
a. Take it on the chin and let the other team win,
b. Carry on as if the match doesn't really matter, or
c. Take it out on the other team as much as you possibly can: kick them, foul them, gouge them and generally make the win as costly for them as possible?

I suspect C. And if everyone is playing that way then there's no issue really, is there? It's a level playing field for all those teams with X-0-0 records.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 24 January 2016, 03:09

Any muppet can win the World Cup with an AG5 Blodge sidestepping quarterback on their team.
The rest of us will object to this anomaly (quite violently) at the 1st opportunity in order to
restore the natural equilibrium. :P

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”