World Cup 2016 Announcement

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
JimmyFantastic

Re: World Cup 2016 Announcement

Postby JimmyFantastic » 20 January 2016, 14:27

With the reconnection feature from the last update, there should not be a lot of real disconnections, leaving us with almost only true concessions.

We are currently working on a solution to discourage concessions in the World Cup Ladder.
How about the pre match concessions (related to looking at your or your opponents team pre-match) that have cost me two games on 100% teams?

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 20 January 2016, 16:48

With the reconnection feature from the last update, there should not be a lot of real disconnections, leaving us with almost only true concessions.
How about the pre match concessions (related to looking at your or your opponents team pre-match) that have cost me two games on 100% teams?
Yeah, it sucks. For us it's avoidable if you're aware of it, but if your opponent isn't, it will be a pre-game concession.
We are currently working on a solution to discourage concessions in the World Cup Ladder.
That's good to hear!
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 21 January 2016, 11:51

We are unable to reproduce this issue for now.

Could you give me more details by PM on what you are doing before and during the inducements to crash? Pad or mouse/keyboard?
Focus Team

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 21 January 2016, 13:24

Netheos,

I think he's saying that teams see his team/TV during the prematch phase and simply conceed right then and there without ever loading into the game. He's asking if this is a concern of Cyanide's and what they are planning to do about it I think.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 21 January 2016, 13:31

Netheos,

I think he's saying that teams see his team/TV during the prematch phase and simply conceed right then and there without ever loading into the game. He's asking if this is a concern of Cyanide's and what they are planning to do about it I think.
This case is considered as a concession for the coach who left the game.
Focus Team

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 21 January 2016, 14:35

Netheos,

I'm pretty sure that's not it; he's asking about a bug where the game crashes if you are looking at your own team at the moment you find a match with them, such as in this video. I've heard from viewers that it can also happen when looking at the opponent team in the inducement window, but because of that warning I just never did so, so I haven't experienced that particular (variety of this) bug.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 21 January 2016, 14:48

Netheos,

I'm pretty sure that's not it; he's asking about a bug where the game crashes if you are looking at your own team at the moment you find a match with them, such as in this video. I've heard from viewers that it can also happen when looking at the opponent team in the inducement window, but because of that warning I just never did so, so I haven't experienced that particular (variety of this) bug.
The crash when you browse in the team management menu while waiting for a game in ladder is known and should be fixed before the beginning of the World Cup.

You should be able to see the both rosters (yours and the opposing team) during the inducement without crashing.
Focus Team

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 21 January 2016, 16:23

Apologies, I wasn't aware of that issue.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 21 January 2016, 17:27

Hey guys, we added an important restriction to the rules of the World Cup Ladder:
The number of concessions allowed in a season (one month) of the Official World Cup Ladder is limited to 5 per Coach, with any of his/her teams.
If a Coach concedes more than 5 times, regardless of his/her team, during a season, he/she will be disqualified from the current season.
Disconnections count as concessions, but remember the reconnection feature gives you 6 minutes to come back in the game after a crash (up to 6 times).
The Tie-breaker rules have also been updated as follow:
If two teams have the same amount of victory, we will check in the following order:
- The number of losses of the two teams. (The player with fewer losses wins)
- The number of draws of the two teams. (The player with fewer draws wins)
- The TD difference (the team with the highest [touchdowns for - touchdowns against] wins).
- The number of concessions of each player with any team in the competition during the whole season. (The player with fewer concessions wins)
Focus Team

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 21 January 2016, 19:34

The above amendments are a big improvement in my opinion. Hopefully it is a large enough deterrent towards repeated farming for perfect records or simply quitting out of losing efforts early in a teams life.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”