The World Cup 2016 has started!

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Netheos
Administrateur

The World Cup 2016 has started!

Postby Netheos » 11 February 2016, 11:15

Dear coaches,

We are thrilled to officially announce the start of the 2016 Blood Bowl 2 World Cup for PC players on Thursday, February 11th!

If you registered for one of the official community league qualifiers, please refer to your league commissioner.

If you want to participate in the public qualifier, you can enter now into the first season of the “Official World Cup Ladder” in-game league. The 5 best teams at the end of each season will be qualified for the Play-Off. Be careful to respect the rules of the competition.

Quick reminder for the Official World Cup Ladder:
1. If your Coach name isn’t registered at the end of the season, you can’t qualify even if your team is in the top five.
2. Any team with more than 20 games will be disqualified.
3. Any coach with more than 5 concessions in a season (1 month), regardless of the team, will be disqualified from the current season.

The first season ends on March 11th.

Don’t forget to register yourselves HERE.
Read more information about the rules HERE.

Good luck and see you on the pitch!
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive
Focus Team

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Re: The World Cup 2016 has started!

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 11 February 2016, 11:57

Exciting! 3 minute turns, eh?
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 11 February 2016, 12:47

OMFG it has begun! Thanks Netheos, you've made a child smile (inner child hehe).

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 11 February 2016, 13:16

Exciting! 3 minute turns, eh?
Yes, it was decided with the community league commissioners.
Focus Team

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 11 February 2016, 14:21

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play for about 10 more hours, since I'm at work now. :(
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 11 February 2016, 16:12

Don't suppose you guys might still reconsider the 1000TV knockout format of the main event? A 1000TV game between two skilled coaches will be very very driven by dice. Even without a resurrection format, simply including some way of allowing starting skills would make the event a lot better imo (not to mention widen the range of races that we are likely to see in the tournament).
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 11 February 2016, 16:49

At this point, I'm fairly certain that it won't be changed. The rules have already been set in place for the entire event and the lawyers have approved everything. So to change anything now would be too much work and expense. Netheos can confirm this, but I have been a part of all of the admin talks through this process, so again, I'm fairly certain that this is the case.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 11 February 2016, 17:46

Could I get a clarification on the 5 match minimum rule?

What is the purpose of the rule? There are obviously going to be teams with 20 matches that have far more points than any teams with only 5 matches. I was sort of assuming that it meant you needed to play at least 5 matches with any team you enter into the league (to prevent constant rerolls of any teams that lose a match). But the rules don't explicitly state that...

The rule states A coach can have as many teams as he wants in the ladder, but each team must play at least five matches and a maximum of 20 matches.

Although it then says any team with more than 20 matches will be disqualified, but it does not list a punishment for a team with less than 5 matches, and a punishment of disqualification of the team wouldn't matter anyway... The only punishment that could make the rule meaningful would be disqualifying the coach from that months competition, but I would think they would have to state that explicitly.

I don't mind making sure I play at least 5 matches with any team I enter, but I want to make sure that's actually enforced in a meaningful way as I don't want to be the only coach doing that!

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 11 February 2016, 18:07

Don't suppose you guys might still reconsider the 1000TV knockout format of the main event? A 1000TV game between two skilled coaches will be very very driven by dice. Even without a resurrection format, simply including some way of allowing starting skills would make the event a lot better imo (not to mention widen the range of races that we are likely to see in the tournament).
The rules of the Play Off are already set in the Terms & Conditions which have been validated by our legal department, meaning we can't change it anymore.

We discussed of such a format, but it would pretty difficult to organize in the current state of the game.
Could I get a clarification on the 5 match minimum rule?
It's clearly not the most useful rule of the competition. We wanted to set a low limit to the number of matches before studying the functioning of the ranking, but with the current tie-breaker rules (which give the priority to victories), it's indeed pretty useless.

A team need to have played at least 5 games to qualify its coach, but you aren't forced to play 5 games per team.
Focus Team

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 11 February 2016, 18:34

Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”