The World Cup 2016 has started!

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
TheSpydyr

Re: The World Cup 2016 has started!

Postby TheSpydyr » 11 February 2016, 18:39

Thanks for the clarification.
+1
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 12 February 2016, 09:04

Don't suppose you guys might still reconsider the 1000TV knockout format of the main event? A 1000TV game between two skilled coaches will be very very driven by dice. Even without a resurrection format, simply including some way of allowing starting skills would make the event a lot better imo (not to mention widen the range of races that we are likely to see in the tournament).
The rules of the Play Off are already set in the Terms & Conditions which have been validated by our legal department, meaning we can't change it anymore.

We discussed of such a format, but it would pretty difficult to organize in the current state of the game.
Indeed, thanks. Understandable. Still, please take this issue into consideration for any future official tournaments.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Orielensis

Postby Orielensis » 12 February 2016, 11:31

Netheos,

I think you may need to publicise the concession rule somehow, perhaps on the in game news?

I have just played my first 2 games in the WC ladder and won both by concession after it was clear I was going to go 2-0 up. If those coaches are conceding first game with new teams they must not know about this rule, as otherwise it seems pointless for them to be playing in the qualifying ladder (they will obviously get to 5 real quick!).

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 12 February 2016, 11:39

The very first wave of coaches playing in the Qualifying ladder yesterday were well aware of the concessions rule, I think. And they mostly were good and experienced coaches, cause many have admitted that this kind of MM is much better than NAF/COL have ever been. Almost every match has been player for full 16 turns.

Today it's turned into yet another MM league: team lost the ball - concede, got a player injured - concede, see that the opponent is about to score in the next turn - concede...

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 12 February 2016, 11:45

The very first wave of coaches playing in the Qualifying ladder yesterday were well aware of the concessions rule, I think. And they mostly were good and experienced coaches, cause many have admitted that this kind of MM is much better than NAF/COL have ever been. Almost every match has been player for full 16 turns.

Today it's turned into yet another MM league: team lost the ball - concede, got a player injured - concede, see that the opponent is about to score in the next turn - concede...
Makes sense that the serious coaches (and the ones who actually read stuff) were all sitting behind their PCs at l(a)unch time, whereas the 'filthy casuals' only notice the WC later. =D
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 12 February 2016, 13:40

Netheos,

I think you may need to publicise the concession rule somehow, perhaps on the in game news?

I have just played my first 2 games in the WC ladder and won both by concession after it was clear I was going to go 2-0 up. If those coaches are conceding first game with new teams they must not know about this rule, as otherwise it seems pointless for them to be playing in the qualifying ladder (they will obviously get to 5 real quick!).
It's already explained in the news related to the WC in the COL and the Official World Cup Ladder.

I'll see if we can add it in the home news.
Focus Team

durabigael
Facebook: durabigael@hotmail.com

Postby durabigael » 12 February 2016, 21:53

I have a question , some people say u can have as many team as you want , but when i look at the rule i see

"The number of concessions allowed in a season (one month) of the Official World Cup Ladder is limited to 5 per Coach, with any of his/her teams." That in your announcement,

So Yesterday on my second game i got 5 death and 2 permanent injured ... well i deleted the team ( didn't concede).

I am still allowed to have 5 team or that deleted team count toward the limit of 5 ?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 12 February 2016, 23:10

It's concessions, not deleted teams. So long as you finish your games then no problem.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 12 February 2016, 23:21

You can delete as many teams as you want and can create as many teams as you want. The rule is based on "Concessions" which is in-game only...that doesn't count for deleted teams.

For a team to "Qualify" it must have "Played" more than 5 matches and NO more than 20 matches and the COACH must have NO MORE than 5 total concessions, or all of his teams are disqualified. Hope that clears it up for you.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 13 February 2016, 10:27

Do you guys think I'm wrong to assume the top 5 coaches will all be 20-0 and it will be about tiebreakers?

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”