The World Cup 2016 has started!

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Lembocha

Re: The World Cup 2016 has started!

Postby Lembocha » 13 February 2016, 17:11

Do you guys think I'm wrong to assume the top 5 coaches will all be 20-0 and it will be about tiebreakers?
Yes, I think you are wrong to assume that. The Free Ladder league, which has been up since the game was released, has only 12 teams which are 20-0-0 or better. It is not too probable that in only one month more than a couple coaches can reach 20-0-0, so it's possible that 19-1-0 or even 18-2-0 will get you in.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 14 February 2016, 05:23

Do you guys think I'm wrong to assume the top 5 coaches will all be 20-0 and it will be about tiebreakers?
I agree with Lemmy and think you are wrong on this one. In fact, I believe that I was the first coach on these forums and in our league to state for the record that If we are lucky, we MIGHT see 1 team at 20-0-0. There will be some 19-0-1, 19-1-0, and most likely a team with 18-0-2 qualify. That is just way too many games and chances for bad dice to screw you at least in 1 game. I don't care how good of a coach you are, if you are playing an average opponent at best and have one of those games, you will lose or end in a draw.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 14 February 2016, 23:12

You're overlooking the concession angle.

The top team right now is 15-0 and has 9 concessions. 9.

Cyanide needs to get a handle on this.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 14 February 2016, 23:13

Not just for the 15-0 angle but the team value thing. He's getting monster SPP and money with no risk of injury in those games.

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 15 February 2016, 12:56

Not just for the 15-0 angle but the team value thing. He's getting monster SPP and money with no risk of injury in those games.
I hace never recieceved a concession without before crippling the other team to the point that my victory was already certain. I've recieved injuries in those games too... So it's not really "without risk".

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 15 February 2016, 16:09

I have played around 15 matches so far and only had 1 concession. And yes, we might get a team to 20-0-0 with 10+ concessions. You WON'T get a team to 20-0-0, where that team played 15+ of the matches to completion with no concessions.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 15 February 2016, 16:35

Have you watched the replays? Did his oppoents concede in turn 1? Imho you just can't penalize a coach for the mistakes made by his opponents. If he was doing good and his opponent decides to concede, how can the winning coach do something about it?

If you ask for coaches with concessions against to be penalized, you are looking for a scenario where a coach does not only need to be good to earn a ticket to the World Cup, but also lucky that no one concedes against him in any of those 20 matches...

I think that the best solution would be to limit the team entries per coach, so no one would just reset a team once a positional dies in in the first match. The downside is that with fewer teams people would be playing less, as it was discussed in the early stages of this Qualifier's organization, with people dropping the event just because their handful of teams had a bad streak after the first games. The five-game-minimum that you can see in the rules of the event is actually a remanent of the measures that some of us had been discussing with the organizers to help build a more active Public Qualifier for instance. As it is now, it's kinda pointless because you wouldn't mind a team being disqualified for having less than 5 games, if you would not qualifie with 5-0-0 anyways.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 15 February 2016, 19:30

Have you watched the replays? Did his oppoents concede in turn 1? Imho you just can't penalize a coach for the mistakes made by his opponents.
No, but you do make a joke of your world cup if simply spamming some damage skills and farming concessions are the way to get a ticket. At the very least make a massive "WARNING! Conceding in the world cup is penalized harshly!" popup when ppl hit concede in the WCQ.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

St. Cloud

Postby St. Cloud » 15 February 2016, 19:54

An obvious way of healing it would be to not count concession wins towards the final standings.

Teams would be allowed to play 20 games without concession wins and not 20 games total.

The extra spp would still be a bonus in later games, but that can't be helped.

logain

Postby logain » 15 February 2016, 20:06

I had a player startled because he was fired from WC, he didn't read the rules and conceded massively. Not only because of attrition, also because he thinks too many losses too soon means it's for nothing and he stopped playing the team after concession to try another.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”