The World Cup 2016 has started!

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
TheSpydyr

Re: The World Cup 2016 has started!

Postby TheSpydyr » 15 February 2016, 20:10

I had a player startled because he was fired from WC, he didn't read the rules and conceded massively. Not only because of attrition, also because he thinks too many losses too soon means it's for nothing and he stopped playing the team after concession to try another.
That is his fault for not reading the rules all the way through. It has been posted and stated in more than one spot about the concessions.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

logain

Postby logain » 15 February 2016, 20:14

No problem with that, on the contrary, just mentioning they have one reason more to concede.

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 15 February 2016, 21:52

At the very least make a massive "WARNING! Conceding in the world cup is penalized harshly!" popup when ppl hit concede in the WCQ.
I do agree on the warning, and also on reducing the allowed concessions to 2 or 3. I would not ban concessions 100% though because the accidental DC can always happen, and even though we can now reconnect, it doesn't always work. Also, not every time your internet goes down does it come back in less than 6 minutes.

There is also the fact that Open Qualifier has only 15 tickets while Community Leagues have 49. Community leagues are better organized and there are almost no concedes. In the ones I'm in, if you concede, you are insta-banned. Some people can't be bothered with scheduled matches and I get that, but hey, the choice was yours to begin with, wasn't it? I myself see the Public Qualifier as a marketing stunt and the Community Qualifier as a reward for the communities that have kept online blood bowl live and kicking.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 15 February 2016, 23:37

At the very least make a massive "WARNING! Conceding in the world cup is penalized harshly!" popup when ppl hit concede in the WCQ.
I do agree on the warning, and also on reducing the allowed concessions to 2 or 3. I would not ban concessions 100% though because the accidental DC can always happen, and even though we can now reconnect, it doesn't always work. Also, not every time your internet goes down does it come back in less than 6 minutes.

There is also the fact that Open Qualifier has only 15 tickets while Community Leagues have 49. Community leagues are better organized and there are almost no concedes. In the ones I'm in, if you concede, you are insta-banned. Some people can't be bothered with scheduled matches and I get that, but hey, the choice was yours to begin with, wasn't it? I myself see the Public Qualifier as a marketing stunt and the Community Qualifier as a reward for the communities that have kept online blood bowl live and kicking.
+1
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 16 February 2016, 00:20

I conceded tonight, first time in BB2 and the 3rd ever.

But at turn 3 I had 1 dead, 3 CASd, 1 KOd, and the rest of my human team about to surfed / killed by a full strength skaven team...well, the idea of playing that game out for another hour just did not appeal (stand up, knoked down, injured...rinse; repeat)...nahh.

I asked my opponent if he minded. He didn't. I bailed.

Restarted, and was hammered by elves in another nuffling as clearly I had offended Her by conceding. Thinking She was sated, I tried game 3.

Yet another bumming as everything went wrong (vs rats again) until around turn 13 when a few hits finally worked.

Each game my humans were plastic and couldn't do the simple things.

The moral here? Never concede as She will urinate in your eyes.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 16 February 2016, 01:42

Some people can't be bothered with scheduled matches and I get that, but hey, the choice was yours to begin with, wasn't it?
For me it wasn't that, really. I considered joining a private league for a shot at one of those tickets, but it would feel immoral. They got those tickets based on the player base they already had; who am I to come from the outside to try and take it from them?
I was purely a COL coach before, so I figured qualifying for one of those 15 ladder tickets was the only fair thing to do.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 16 February 2016, 03:47

Some people can't be bothered with scheduled matches and I get that, but hey, the choice was yours to begin with, wasn't it?
For me it wasn't that, really. I considered joining a private league for a shot at one of those tickets, but it would feel immoral. They got those tickets based on the player base they already had; who am I to come from the outside to try and take it from them?
I was purely a COL coach before, so I figured qualifying for one of those 15 ladder tickets was the only fair thing to do.
Hey you usually make a lot of sense with your arguments, but this one just doesn't cut it. GOBBLN gladly recieved more than 30 new coaches and even though it might get bumpy with some people lacking the politeness required for organized play, all in all it adds for the better. My own league doubled it's playerbase with the opening of it's own qualifier, and most of those new coaches are gonna stay for our regular cups. You also play a lot, so I don't see any time-table trouble there. I think you should have done it. You'd have spared yourself all this concession drama, and you might have liked what you found in most of them community leagues.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 16 February 2016, 07:20

Hey you usually make a lot of sense with your arguments, but this one just doesn't cut it. GOBBLN gladly recieved more than 30 new coaches and even though it might get bumpy with some people lacking the politeness required for organized play, all in all it adds for the better. My own league doubled it's playerbase with the opening of it's own qualifier, and most of those new coaches are gonna stay for our regular cups. You also play a lot, so I don't see any time-table trouble there. I think you should have done it. You'd have spared yourself all this concession drama, and you might have liked what you found in most of them community leagues.
There is a big difference between playing a lot when you can just sit down, start your stream, spin, and play on the one hand, and playing scheduled games when both coaches' timezones and calendars work out on the other. I currently play in 2 leagues with weekly scheduled games (1 FUMBBL 1 BB2), and am starting in a third (BB2) soon. Add to that the occasional fumbbl tournaments, and you're talking about 4-5 games a week that you need to play at a time when it will suit someone else's plans as well. I've overcommitted on scheduled games before, and it made playing a game of BB feel like work. IF I did sign up for a private league for a ticket, it would be only for the ticket and not to stick around (unless the league used open MM, maybe). It was the right and honest call to make. Also, it was my call to make. ;)
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lembocha

Postby Lembocha » 16 February 2016, 14:09

[Also, it was my call to make. ;)
As I said, your choice. But I don't think you would have had trouble scheduling. Some divisions in GOBBLN are already playing week 3!

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 16 February 2016, 16:58

There is a big difference between playing a lot when you can just sit down, start your stream, spin, and play on the one hand, and playing scheduled games when both coaches' timezones and calendars work out on the other. I currently play in 2 leagues with weekly scheduled games (1 FUMBBL 1 BB2), and am starting in a third (BB2) soon. Add to that the occasional fumbbl tournaments, and you're talking about 4-5 games a week that you need to play at a time when it will suit someone else's plans as well. I've overcommitted on scheduled games before, and it made playing a game of BB feel like work. IF I did sign up for a private league for a ticket, it would be only for the ticket and not to stick around (unless the league used open MM, maybe). It was the right and honest call to make. Also, it was my call to make. ;)
I do the same as you. I run a league in FUMBBL and in BB2 (the above mentioned GOBBLN) and play a minimum of 3 leagues matches a week, plus all of the tournaments as well. GOBBLN gladly welcomes new coaches to our leagues. We know that once a coach tries us out, they come to love everything that our league is about. We have lots of really cool extra stuff that we do to make our league more fun and enjoyable to play in.

Oh, and we do have an open MM league in GOBBLN for established coaches. There are usually a minimum of 5 or 6 guys online every night through the evening US hours looking for matches, so it's usually fairly easy to find those matches.
Spydyr

Twitch
YouTube

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”