Stop conceding!

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Stagmummer

Stop conceding!

Postby Stagmummer » 04 March 2016, 00:28

Seriously 3 matches none gone past turn 2 . I'm playing chaos yeah they can be scary but honestly I'm the worst coach in the history of blood bowl I promise I will find a way for you to win...you just gotta tough it out a few more turns and I promise I will do something so dumb that you know you won't want to waste one of your concedes on me and get booted from the World Cup. Seriously the game is called blood bowl not play it safe bowl :x

Lembocha

Re: Stop conceding!

Postby Lembocha » 04 March 2016, 06:46

That's the spirit!

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 04 March 2016, 13:26

This might be my favorite "stop conceding" thread I've ever seen :lol:

gavrad76

Postby gavrad76 » 23 April 2016, 00:49

I have to agree with this, 3 concedes this evening and it has ruined the open qualification format for me, such a shame.

Some of us are lucky to fit 20 games in during a month so by conceding you limit our chances....... or perhaps that is the whole point.

worse concede for me was this evening on turn 16 in the 2nd half......

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 23 April 2016, 00:54

I have to agree with this, 3 concedes this evening and it has ruined the open qualification format for me, such a shame.

Some of us are lucky to fit 20 games in during a month so by conceding you limit our chances....... or perhaps that is the whole point.

You do know that the tiebreaker and max concessions apply to the number of times YOU concede, not the number of times you're conceded on. Unless you feel you should be getting more than the +2 TD differential out of the match, the concession will not hurt your chances in the ladder. It will hurt your opponent's, though.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 23 April 2016, 13:11

You do realise if people conceed to you you can fit more games in to a shorter timeframe... It actually helps you
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

gavrad76

Postby gavrad76 » 23 April 2016, 19:02

I didn't realise that but I want the people to qualify to qualify because they're the best not because they played the saltiest opponents.

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 24 April 2016, 06:50

That is a fair point but at the same time people have no control over who they play, so punishments such as Vaja_Java got seem a bit harsh.
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

Wolfskin

Postby Wolfskin » 26 April 2016, 12:06

One thing that doesn't help is that you get conceded by when you take the lead. And you just can't skill up your team the way YOU want, when you get a concession. It does hurt player progression. And while it is fine in the first few games, you WILL hit an real opponent in your fourth or fifth game and get crushed because you lack skills. What good are three wins by concessions, when you get steamrolled afterwards?

Sure, the other points are valid and in a sense concessions do help partially.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 26 April 2016, 20:02

One thing that doesn't help is that you get conceded by when you take the lead. And you just can't skill up your team the way YOU want, when you get a concession. It does hurt player progression. And while it is fine in the first few games, you WILL hit an real opponent in your fourth or fifth game and get crushed because you lack skills. What good are three wins by concessions, when you get steamrolled afterwards?

Sure, the other points are valid and in a sense concessions do help partially.
Then again, you get a free MVP without the risk of having your team mauled for the next 10 turns. Who knows how much worse your team would have looked if the guy tilted and went on damage mode instead of conceding? Also, you might have won 1-0 or 2-1.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”