World Cup Ladder Season 2

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
TheSpydyr

Re: World Cup Ladder Season 2

Postby TheSpydyr » 18 March 2016, 15:28

Hey Netheos,

are we going to get an official top coaches list for season 2 going?
Yeah, I'd love to see that too! ;)
My 8/0/0 woodies are in 10th place on the in-game board, but only 3 of those placed above me have an X/0/0 record (there's 3 others also on 8/0/0 though). I'm pretty curious about what TD differential everyone on page 1 has managed to get so far, and how my 2.75 average per match holds up to that. Of course, it would also be good to know whether anyone has been banned yet.
He actually is keeping it all in the same post from season 1. Just updating that post with the new season 2 leaderboard. At this point, things are progressing slower than season 1. I'm sure we will still see that huge push towards the end of the period to get to 20-0. But at this point, I think I will still finish out the last 6 matches for my High Elves and try to get to 19-0-1. With my current TD Difference of 37 at 14 matches, I feel like that would easily win the tie-breaker should a 19-0-1 team actually have a chance at qualifying.

We shall see.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

JRCO666

Postby JRCO666 » 03 April 2016, 00:25

I have a suggestion for season 3 : do not limit teams to 20 games and take into account only the wins (ie : a 21-10-10 would be rated better than a 18-0-0).

That way people would not restart team at every draw and probably we would have less concessions cause it would make sense to keep on playin the team.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 03 April 2016, 19:35

I have a suggestion for season 3 : do not limit teams to 20 games and take into account only the wins (ie : a 21-10-10 would be rated better than a 18-0-0).

That way people would not restart team at every draw and probably we would have less concessions cause it would make sense to keep on playin the team.
Let me see if I get this right: you would like the ticket would go to a 200/100/300 over a 190/0/0? Even if they would change the rules mid-tournament (which they won't as they have lawyers' seal of approval), that would be an amazingly dreadful idea.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

JRCO666

Postby JRCO666 » 03 April 2016, 22:31

Let me see if I get this right: you would like the ticket would go to a 200/100/300 over a 190/0/0? Even if they would change the rules mid-tournament (which they won't as they have lawyers' seal of approval), that would be an amazingly dreadful idea.
I hardly see this number of game played anyway.

I do not know if my idea is dreadful, and I agree it may have to be fine tuned, maybe use the tie breackers the game is using (after explaining it). because I just know that if community league qualifier are very fun on the other hand the 20 games rules makes the public qualifier not very fun. That rules looked interesting on paper but appears to be a disaster and a fun killer. (like the new qualification Rules in Formula 1). So if this was made to attract new players, the one not playin in community league this is a target we miss here.

I know conservative lawyers are involved, it is not too late to change the rules. Just someone in cyanide and focus has to twist lawyers arms.....

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 04 April 2016, 08:11

I hardly see this number of game played anyway.

I do not know if my idea is dreadful, and I agree it may have to be fine tuned, maybe use the tie breackers the game is using (after explaining it). because I just know that if community league qualifier are very fun on the other hand the 20 games rules makes the public qualifier not very fun. That rules looked interesting on paper but appears to be a disaster and a fun killer. (like the new qualification Rules in Formula 1). So if this was made to attract new players, the one not playin in community league this is a target we miss here.

I know conservative lawyers are involved, it is not too late to change the rules. Just someone in cyanide and focus has to twist lawyers arms.....
By making it "how many games can you win, regardless of how many you lose or tie", you would remove any aspect of coaching skill, and award tickets only to the people with the most free time. My numbers were silly high of course, since it's still within a month of playing. Make it 50/30/60 and 40/5/0 then. Which of those two teams do you think has performed better? Which would be most deserving of a spot in the world cup?
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

JRCO666

Postby JRCO666 » 04 April 2016, 12:14

By making it "how many games can you win, regardless of how many you lose or tie", you would remove any aspect of coaching skill, and award tickets only to the people with the most free time. My numbers were silly high of course, since it's still within a month of playing. Make it 50/30/60 and 40/5/0 then. Which of those two teams do you think has performed better? Which would be most deserving of a spot in the world cup?

Like I wrote maybe use the Ingame tie breacker. in that case the 40/5/0 wins.

If you tell me the 20 games rules isn't killing the Fun and the competition, then we disagree.

Where are the coaching skills when these caoches who could play lots of games in the beginning are stoping after 9 to 10 games. So they can play the last push to play the new teams coming late with huge team development difference ? Isn't it a kind of farming ?
Where's the fun here ?

You are sure you are not decouraging new players ?

I would prefer a system that encourage team continuity.

I did Chat quite a lot with those lots of us call "Noobies" they would prefer it too. And they are the Target of this competition. It won't drag new players to community leagues if they are discouraged or disguted by this public qualification tournament. Especially when I see the attitude of some Top 5 like Valajaja whose complete irrespect of opponent should disqualify him regardless of how well he plays.

I am not naive, I know these kind of changes won't probably be implemented. But for the sake of the game I believe It would not be too late to implement some changes for 3rd phase.
Last edited by JRCO666 on 04 April 2016, 20:08, edited 1 time in total.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 April 2016, 13:53

If you don't limit games played you encourage grinding even further. 20 matches in a month is a lot for most people.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”