World Cup Ladder Season 2

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
RTSD

Re: World Cup Ladder Season 2

Postby RTSD » 14 March 2016, 10:38

I dont know where are these noobs ... Im only playing by the way against trully hard opponents :? :? May be im really unlucky :lol: :lol: :lol:
me too! I wanna play all these afk coaches!!!

Stagmummer

Postby Stagmummer » 15 March 2016, 14:49

Stupid question maybe but what do you mean by your coach name must be registered?

dynamoDes

Postby dynamoDes » 15 March 2016, 14:53

Stupid question maybe but what do you mean by your coach name must be registered?
Registered here: http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/worldcup/ ... 1456231245

Stagmummer

Postby Stagmummer » 15 March 2016, 15:02

I think the way this tournament is played is disgraceful. Every coach should only be aloud to enter 1 team and that's it..you win with that team or your done! That would make people think twice about concedes and make people fight to the last turn to try and win. You are awarded standing points for win tie loss. Though I guess it would be hard to organize this way ...maybe set up teams in a bunch of divisions where only the top teams advance giving each team a certain number of games they have to play. 0 points awarded for any games not played? There is money on the line serious players will find the time to play all their games

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 15 March 2016, 15:29

So about that TD differential... My first match yesterday was against notorious griefer 'Burned' (why is this guy not banned automatically? Could we please ban him asap?!). He made a complete joke of the game, including a pass to one of my players on his first turn with the ball, and running circles around my player, through my tackle zones, with his ball carrier. Through some bad luck on my end (a failed handoff and a riot which cost a turn) I merely won 5-0. The second game, I was about to make my 3-0 when my opponent conceded. Dick, stole my TD differential right there. Third game I diced my opponent so hard he's probably still shitting dice, and beat his skaven 6-0. So while I haven't yet run into an AFKer AND had some TDs stolen from me by a concession, that +13 after 3 games is looking pretty sweet. Now I just have 17 more to go. =)
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 15 March 2016, 15:57

Every coach should only be aloud to enter 1 team and that's it..you win with that team or your done!
That's how the league qualifiers are working. The open qualifier is, of necessity, different.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 15 March 2016, 17:18

I think the way this tournament is played is disgraceful. Every coach should only be aloud to enter 1 team and that's it..you win with that team or your done!
That was my thought originally too, but as it was pointed out to me, Cyanide wanted a system which they believed would generate as many games as possible - more people playing your game is probably a good thing as far as they are concerned, quantity over quality. With the way you, and originally I, want(ed) it what would end up happening is most coaches would enter in, lose one or more games and just stop playing. So in the end, nobody would be left to play. The fastest teams to a decent record of say 16 or 15 wins would likely be locks. People late to the party? Tough, nobody left to play. Oh, and you get stuck playing a coach who say exploited his first few games to power level his team by having a friend concede to them and then you lose to that coach? Stuck with that loss, even though the other guy will be banned eventually. Oh, you get stuck playing say your tenth or so game against a guy who decided to grief with a kill team and he wrecks your roster even though his team was illegally farmed against their friend and that coach will get banned? Tough, too late for you, damage already done.

I had to have these points explained to me too.

Good news? The final 64 will be played exactly like you ask, and there will be no blatantly obvious cheaters.

Stagmummer

Postby Stagmummer » 16 March 2016, 15:07

Well that sounds much better for the second season. All I know is I will not even attempt to participate in another World Cup again it really sucked the fun out of the game for me. Having people give me shit for getting a tie just sucks. The way I play a tie is a moral victory for me :D

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 16 March 2016, 16:54

Hey Netheos,

are we going to get an official top coaches list for season 2 going?
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 18 March 2016, 10:39

Hey Netheos,

are we going to get an official top coaches list for season 2 going?
Yeah, I'd love to see that too! ;)
My 8/0/0 woodies are in 10th place on the in-game board, but only 3 of those placed above me have an X/0/0 record (there's 3 others also on 8/0/0 though). I'm pretty curious about what TD differential everyone on page 1 has managed to get so far, and how my 2.75 average per match holds up to that. Of course, it would also be good to know whether anyone has been banned yet.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”