World Cup Ladder Season 2

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
dode74

Re: World Cup Ladder Season 2

Postby dode74 » 11 March 2016, 23:08

One hour into the new season...

It looks to me like virtually all the first 20 games have been won by concession.
Given that it takes the majority of games over an hour to finish properly and anything from 0 minutes upwards to have a concession this shouldn't be surprising. As of now 359 games have been played, of which 113 were concessions. That's a better rate than COL, but still really quite high.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 12 March 2016, 11:29

So I guess the new thing is instead of conceding people just go AFK? It's rather annoying because you have to sit through over an hour of absolutely nothing happening. On the other hand you can score with whoever you want for SPP.

Boring as hell though.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 12 March 2016, 11:49

Mass concessions should not be surprising in this format, you need 20 in a row to qualify, losing 2-0 at half time, most will give up.

Ommadon

Postby Ommadon » 13 March 2016, 00:20

The 'only 5 concession rule' is causing more bother than good.

People now know only 20/0/0 is going to qualify so if the game looks over instead of conceding people will either click through turns or go afk. Both result in the winning team racking up massive wins instead of the 2-0 concede.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 13 March 2016, 02:54

It's a flawed format but I guess it's what we've got. Just gotta hope for the afkers, boring as it is.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 13 March 2016, 09:05

People now know only 20/0/0 is going to qualify so if the game looks over instead of conceding people will either click through turns or go afk. Both result in the winning team racking up massive wins instead of the 2-0 concede.
Which is dumb, because it makes the hurdle of TD difference even higher.

KillerPeach

Postby KillerPeach » 13 March 2016, 12:01

This happened to me in season one. When I went 2-0 up my opponent clicked through the turns and I ended up 6-0.

On the other hand I got moaned at the other day for playing for a 1-1 draw the other day after my opposing scored at in turn 8. What's the difference between stealing in the first half and second.

My opponents complaint was right that is a shame we'd both wasted our time playing the game just to end up deleting both teams (shame you can't just click restart team) but why should I let him/her win just because a draw is no good to either coach.

Incentives have become skewed due to the format but maybe that would asked be the case.

I don't have time to play 20 game in a month anyway.

Good luck everybody!

Peach
Good luck and have fun!
http://funleague.freeforums.net/

Enarion

Postby Enarion » 14 March 2016, 00:31

"• 5.2. Unfair Game Play includes but is not limited to such actions as: match fixing, intentional disconnecting, cheating of any sort and by any means, collusion, purposely queuing to find a specific opponent in the World Cup ladder, quickly conceding against the same opponent several times in a row or disconnecting more than 6 times from the same Game. "

Have to report Drasko, for intentional disconnecting during the last part of the 2nd half, with his team 20-0-0.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 14 March 2016, 01:07

Ugh. So instead of 'who can run into the most noobs' it becomes 'who can run into the most AFKers. *sigh*
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

andriy

Postby andriy » 14 March 2016, 01:36

I dont know where are these noobs ... Im only playing by the way against trully hard opponents :? :? May be im really unlucky :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”