Voghen lamms an empty seat match

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Asbostrusbo

Voghen lamms an empty seat match

Postby Asbostrusbo » 16 March 2016, 01:32

Hi I have just played against coach: Voghen, team: Smashing Dragons

I killed a slizon and injured another, then at turn 2 coach didn´t make a move on the entire match.

Ok, maybe he doesn´t whant to concede but is not fair.
I spent more than an hour just to finish the game. I even get 3 high kick events and more waiting for him never to choose a player to set under the ball. I dont know how much time is the clock...

Please focus, BAN this player. He is deliberately destroying the fun o the game.

Kind Regards
Comisario de la liga
Llegó la ley!!

dtbilek

Re: Voghen lamms an empty seat match

Postby dtbilek » 16 March 2016, 08:37

Yes it is very annoying when this happens. It's the consequence of the no-concede rule. I don't have a good answer as long as players simultaneously know they need either a 20-0-0 (or close to it) record AND can enter as many teams as they want.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 16 March 2016, 11:16

Yes it is very annoying when this happens. It's the consequence of the no-concede rule. I don't have a good answer as long as players simultaneously know they need either a 20-0-0 (or close to it) record AND can enter as many teams as they want.
And idiotically enough, it makes the tiebreaker a lot more meaningless as well. With many people going 20/0/0 and their TD differential being the deciding factor, having these kinds of games, which can go 8-0 without requiring any real skill, really ruins the validity of your tournament structure, which in turn reflects poorly upon your game and company.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 16 March 2016, 17:21

Great point Sage, it really cheapens the accomplishments of those who can say earn 4 or 5 TD differentials in a game the legit way. I bet we start to see differentials over 50 this time around.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 16 March 2016, 21:26

I think the concede thing should be lifted. Let people concede. We need to be realistic here; people are not going to give their all in a completely lost game take takes an hour and a half when they know they are just going to delete the team after.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 16 March 2016, 21:38

Yeah, that is part of the problem. If (for whatever reason like Riot, Blitz and whatever) after 2 turns you're 2-0 down and you've lost 3 or 4 players I can understand that (some) players will want to quit but if they know that conceding will be held against them I can understand (though not personally agree with) them going AFK.
I can also understand ppeople that, having decided they're going to delete a team, not wanting to play a full game but not wanting to "waste" a concede either.

My last TT league game my Khemri were 3-0 down after 6 turns (I received!). Fully expected to get a beating but some good play and some extremely lucky play saw me get a 3-3 draw in the last turn. But that's not always going to happen.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 17 March 2016, 14:20

I just think that, if it were me (I only played one team last round) and I realized that the chances of me winning were pretty much gone, the team was going to get deleted and the team I was playing was moving on?

Well, now, I guess jailhouse rules come into effect don't they? :twisted:

Because maybe I have to play this team again down the road with another team I make. Maybe they might make a run of it and take a valuable spot in the Top 5 I'm hoping to achieve. So I'll do my damndest to lay a permanent injury on one of their positionals or "stars".

And yes, I realize there are games where even that may not be realistic because you can't even stand your guys up without facing a -2D block, but you do what you can.

Besides, it's still faster for everyone for you to just leave your people on the ground and click end turn repeatedly.

Walking away and letting the timer run? That's a concerted decision to be a dick IMO, being spiteful like a little child - "oh, you wasted all the time I put into this team, well I'm going to waste the next hour of your life". Grow up.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 17 March 2016, 15:36

Besides, it's still faster for everyone for you to just leave your people on the ground and click end turn repeatedly.
And you'd still be giving free TDs to people who didn't earn them. One solution (for future iterations, obviously) would be to make the tiebreaker not your TD differential with this team, but rather your average TD differential across all your matches in this month of the ladder. It would give people an incentive not to give away TDs even in the games that were lost, and would make a high tiebreaker more a function of skill (and luck of course, always) than of the amount of grinding done.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lordsparkikus

Postby Lordsparkikus » 17 March 2016, 16:37

One solution (for future iterations, obviously) would be to make the tiebreaker not your TD differential with this team, but rather your average TD differential across all your matches in this month of the ladder. It would give people an incentive not to give away TDs even in the games that were lost, and would make a high tiebreaker more a function of skill (and luck of course, always) than of the amount of grinding done.
That is appealing however unless they have some nifty stat page for everyone, that would be hard to keep track of as almost everyone deletes their team after they lose/tie

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 18 March 2016, 14:00

Interesting idea Sage - if it could be implemented, that might be a solution to a lot of the wonky stuff going on. Even conceding early might not be worth it if you thought you could at least close the gap to only a 1 TD difference.

Then again, would it not favor coaches who made several long runs by stacking several teams' plus TD differential?

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”