How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Netheos
Administrateur

Re: How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

Postby Netheos » 25 March 2016, 10:42

Hey guys,

I expell teams from the coaches that have been disqualified for cheating or for more than 5 concessions within one season on the Official World Cup Ladder.

So far I didn't expelled teams with more than 20 matches, mainly because I thought they would be neglected by their coaches. I understand that several Coaches are using teams with more than 20 matches to hurt other teams and that's an issue. I will now expell these teams.
Focus Team

JohnnyFeyev

Postby JohnnyFeyev » 25 March 2016, 14:07

I wouldn't want to go up against someone that has played more than 20 games for two reasons (...)
2) they aren't playing by the same rules, i.e. win instead of tie.
Well to be fair, anyone who makes a griefer (dwarf) team could play to tie for 20 games and remake, and that would be wholly within the rules.
Yeah, there is no way to prevent someone from being an a-hole. Wish there were. Some sort of Clockwork Orange scenario where they feel physically ill when not attempting to win. I'm sure once all of the teams are released, Cyanide will begin testing that feature. I can think of one or two coaches that would be prime testing subjects.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 26 March 2016, 00:55

Hey guys,

I expell teams from the coaches that have been disqualified for cheating or for more than 5 concessions within one season on the Official World Cup Ladder.

So far I didn't expelled teams with more than 20 matches, mainly because I thought they would be neglected by their coaches. I understand that several Coaches are using teams with more than 20 matches to hurt other teams and that's an issue. I will now expell these teams.
Good stuff mate

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 26 March 2016, 19:44

I wouldn't want to go up against someone that has played more than 20 games for two reasons (...)
2) they aren't playing by the same rules, i.e. win instead of tie.
Well to be fair, anyone who makes a griefer (dwarf) team could play to tie for 20 games and remake, and that would be wholly within the rules.
Yeah, there is no way to prevent someone from being an a-hole. Wish there were. Some sort of Clockwork Orange scenario where they feel physically ill when not attempting to win. I'm sure once all of the teams are released, Cyanide will begin testing that feature. I can think of one or two coaches that would be prime testing subjects.
I did feel a bit dirty. But then, I don't like dwarves. ;)
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 26 March 2016, 20:12

There are still illegal teams playing in the tournament. The fact that they are doing this makes it all but impossible to compete with a team at this point. Can we please get this taken care of so that we can actually play meaningful games, and win streaks aren't ended by griefers? Isn't it possible to simply remove any team that has played 21 games or more?

The latest team is "Dream Killers," coach CakeOrrDeath. Record is 23-3-8. Well, 24-3-8 now, after beating a team that played 20 less games.

The sooner you remove these teams, the sooner we can actually compete fairly again. Thanks for your assistance.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 27 March 2016, 18:37

Just to be clear...I feel like a team shouldn't be allowed to play past 20 games...but again, is that really against the printed rules in the Terms & Conditions?
Yes. They stated that such teams are disqualified.

Enforcement of said disqualification, if I have read what was said about this above, means removal (of that team) from the competition. To date, manually, and slowly.
And again, look at my earlier post of the actual rules. Disqualified means that they cannot earn a ticket. Banned means that they cannot participate in the WC any longer. The rules CLEARLY state that playing more than 20+ means they are disqualified, not banned. And I might state that if I have 2 teams...1 with 20 games and one with 20+ games, then I am not disqualified, but my team with 20+ is disqualified. I can still earn a ticket with my team that has only 20 matches.

That is a clear difference in what you have stated above and believe and what the rules state.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 27 March 2016, 18:39

And now that we have an official answer from Netheos, we know Focus's stance on this. Don't play more than 20 matches. :)

But this still doesn't stop some coaches from playing the grief card. There's always ways and coaches will always find ways to manipulate the system in play.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 27 March 2016, 19:00

Isn't it possible to simply remove any team that has played 21 games or more?
Manually. =/
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

strider84

Postby strider84 » 28 March 2016, 18:16

Oh yeah I played him when he was 22 3 7, afterwards he was 22 3 8 :-)

Don't see the issue. It's just as unlucky to draw a big TV team as to draw a good coach. Whereas the latter one is probably worse...

Why is it fairer that if you have 16 0 0 you should only get matched against rookie teams?

I don't get the point here really. I even like it more because that way it is harder to get 20 0 0 so the chance to still qualify with one tie or loss is higher which I think is in everyones favour.

DaBlackSkull

Postby DaBlackSkull » 29 March 2016, 14:11

Um I understand that this is still an issue,

I just played against a chaos team "Player Killers! GGGG" they have played 49 matches so far... I know chaos were always going to be a hard win with skaven but with that much match time, I was lucky to only loose 2-1.

I dont mind playing high value teams but this seems a bit extreme.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”