How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
khelvan

How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

Postby khelvan » 23 March 2016, 09:54

I ran into a Chaos team at about 30 games played tonight. How is that permissible under the rules? I thought you could only play to 20 games or you would be disqualified?

Valcurdra

Re: How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

Postby Valcurdra » 23 March 2016, 13:58

You could ask how are teams with 1 loss or tie permitted to play too.

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 23 March 2016, 14:08

You could ask how are teams with 1 loss or tie permitted to play too.
Playing with a loss or a draw on the record isn't an infringement of the qualification rules, while playing more than 20 matches with the team is, so it's not the same:
2. Any team with more than 20 games will be disqualified.
And technically you can play as many matches as you wish, it's not forbidden - you just can't qualify that way.

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 23 March 2016, 15:52

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing teams with more than 20 wins removed from the tournament. It's not explicitly against the rules, but the only reason those teams would be in the game is to play spoiler/grief other teams.

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 23 March 2016, 16:00

You want those teams removed from COL completely? Isn't the point of COL just to be able to play games, with the World Cup qualification an added bonus?
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 23 March 2016, 16:27

WCQ and COL are different leagues.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 23 March 2016, 17:03

I've been assuming its against the rules rather than simply making the >20 game team unable to qualify. It's not against the rules? Cooool.

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 23 March 2016, 17:09

The Sage said on his stream that Burned was being banned from the tournament.

Why, I ask? There's nothing in the rules against running a griefer team with the sole intent of hurting other teams. That's Burned's only crime. If you're not supposed to do that, then ban him.

But, since a team over 20 games is disqualified, and the accumulated TV makes it incredibly difficult to play against for any team under 20 games (the ones, you know, actually attempting to compete in the tournament), the only purpose of such a team is to fuck with others' and remove them from the tournament.

So, in this sense, both Burned and Fashbinder (the chaos coach playing game number 30) are the same, and should both be banned from the tournament for doing nothing other than harming other coaches.

Fashbinder

Postby Fashbinder » 23 March 2016, 18:02

So, in this sense, both Burned and Fashbinder (the chaos coach playing game number 30) are the same, and should both be banned from the tournament for doing nothing other than harming other coaches.
You have a defeated dwarf team for the purpose of trolling elf teams, i have a chaos for the purpose of ending dwarf teams. As i mentioned to you on stream, I agree, i think the WC ruleset is deeply flawed.

Here's a highlight of the game for those interested inc post match chatting :) https://www.twitch.tv/fashbinder_/v/56170241

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 23 March 2016, 18:58

My defeated dwarf team has not been played since I determined that it had no chance of making it (1 loss can make it, I think, but not 2).

Besides, as I stated before, there is a very big difference between playing out a team to 20 games and running it up above the format limitation, when the TV difference is far too great to compete.

Don't deflect here; as I stated on your stream the dwarf team is kept around because I find its name hilarious, not because I use it. Unlike your Chaos. The issue here is what you are doing, not some imaginary thing you think I've done. Check the match logs, my dwarves haven't played since their second loss.

You're simply griefing for the joy of your viewers. You know damn well what you're doing.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”