How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Re: How are teams above 20 games still permitted to play?

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 23 March 2016, 20:33

The Sage said on his stream that Burned was being banned from the tournament.

Why, I ask? There's nothing in the rules against running a griefer team with the sole intent of hurting other teams. That's Burned's only crime. If you're not supposed to do that, then ban him.

But, since a team over 20 games is disqualified, and the accumulated TV makes it incredibly difficult to play against for any team under 20 games (the ones, you know, actually attempting to compete in the tournament), the only purpose of such a team is to fuck with others' and remove them from the tournament.

So, in this sense, both Burned and Fashbinder (the chaos coach playing game number 30) are the same, and should both be banned from the tournament for doing nothing other than harming other coaches.
Lol Fash is getting banned? You make a compelling argument, to be honest. Burned isn't just out to destroy your team though (that would be fine, actually. He's very deliberately feeding touchdowns to his opponent (he literally passed the ball to my player on the first turn after I had scored my 2 turn TD). That's throwing the game, which is against the tournament regulations. He has also offered to sell concessions for $1 via paypal, and deliberately AFKd all game when that offer was refused.

As for why Fash is still in there? It's because Netheos removes all disqualified or banned teams by hand. =/
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 23 March 2016, 20:36

Well I hope we get some clarification on whether playing more than 20 games is grounds for bannination or just gets the team disqualified, 'cause I got a dorf team I want to run up to 50 games or something.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 23 March 2016, 20:54

Well I hope we get some clarification on whether playing more than 20 games is grounds for bannination or just gets the team disqualified, 'cause I got a dorf team I want to run up to 50 games or something.
Per the official rules:

"4.1.1.1.4 Each Coach can have an unlimited number of teams competing in the Official World Cup Ladder. However each team shall be new when entering the Ladder and must participate in 5 matches minimum and 20 matches maximum. Any team with a records of more than 20 matches shall be disqualified. If a Coach concedes more than 5 times, regardless of his/her team, during a season, he/she will be disqualified from the current season."

A team with more than 20 matches shall be 'disqualified.' Not banned, but disqualified. Meaning that said team cannot earn a qualifying ticket. That is the way I understand it. Netheos can give the final answer, but seeing as there were still reams with 20+ playing at the end of season 1 and still teams with 20+ playing now, I'd say that my understanding is correct.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

twitch/the_sage_bb

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 23 March 2016, 21:18

Per the official rules:

"4.1.1.1.4 Each Coach can have an unlimited number of teams competing in the Official World Cup Ladder. However each team shall be new when entering the Ladder and must participate in 5 matches minimum and 20 matches maximum. Any team with a records of more than 20 matches shall be disqualified. If a Coach concedes more than 5 times, regardless of his/her team, during a season, he/she will be disqualified from the current season."

A team with more than 20 matches shall be 'disqualified.' Not banned, but disqualified. Meaning that said team cannot earn a qualifying ticket. That is the way I understand it. Netheos can give the final answer, but seeing as there were still reams with 20+ playing at the end of season 1 and still teams with 20+ playing now, I'd say that my understanding is correct.
As I understand it, Netheos removes all disqualified teams and all teams from disqualified coaches. Teams with >20 games will result in team disqual, coaches who offer concessions for money and who deliberately throw games are disqual'd as a coach. Fash's team should be removed (but not Fash). Burned will be removed as a coach.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 23 March 2016, 23:31

Per the official rules:

As I understand it, Netheos removes all disqualified teams and all teams from disqualified coaches. Teams with >20 games will result in team disqual, coaches who offer concessions for money and who deliberately throw games are disqual'd as a coach. Fash's team should be removed (but not Fash). Burned will be removed as a coach.

I believe that Netheos is only removing "banned" coaches, per rule 5:

"5.1 Any players suspected of Unfair Game Play will be disqualified from the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016 and forfeit all potential prizes.

5.2 Unfair Game Play includes but is not limited to such actions as: match fixing, intentional disconnecting, cheating of any sort and by any means, collusion, purposely queuing to find a specific opponent in the World Cup ladder, quickly conceding against the same opponent several times in a row or disconnecting more than 6 times from the same Game."

There's a difference between being disqualified for a session and being banned from the entire World Cup (which is someone who breaks rule 5). Again, this is just my interpretation on this and only Netheos can answer this fully and finally.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 24 March 2016, 19:18

Whatever prevents a team from playing past 20 games in this format should be done, however that looks.

No team should make it to 30 games and be matched against teams competing for the World Cup. If they're being manually removed, there has to be a more efficient way to point them out or get them out.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 24 March 2016, 19:47

It's not hard to figure out if a team has 20+ games to remove them, especially for the devs. That's not the point. The point is if it's against the nature of the rules of the competition or not. Everyone has their own thoughts on the issue, but only Focus/Cyanide have the final answer.

Just to be clear...I feel like a team shouldn't be allowed to play past 20 games...but again, is that really against the printed rules in the Terms & Conditions?
Spydyr

Twitch
YouTube

JohnnyFeyev

Postby JohnnyFeyev » 24 March 2016, 21:37

I wouldn't want to go up against someone that has played more than 20 games for two reasons 1) TV differential 2) they aren't playing by the same rules, i.e. win instead of tie. However, I can't fault those that want to play their 20+ teams. The competition is a bit better in WC qualifier, and if you are indeed playing to win, the games are more exciting.

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 24 March 2016, 23:41

Just to be clear...I feel like a team shouldn't be allowed to play past 20 games...but again, is that really against the printed rules in the Terms & Conditions?
Yes. They stated that such teams are disqualified.

Enforcement of said disqualification, if I have read what was said about this above, means removal (of that team) from the competition. To date, manually, and slowly.

twitch/the_sage_bb

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 25 March 2016, 07:48

I wouldn't want to go up against someone that has played more than 20 games for two reasons (...)
2) they aren't playing by the same rules, i.e. win instead of tie.
Well to be fair, anyone who makes a griefer (dwarf) team could play to tie for 20 games and remake, and that would be wholly within the rules (which is why I'd like the tiebreaker to be your average W/D/L across ALL your WCQ matches this season, rather than the current team's, meaning you have to be consistently good, and your performance matters even when you know you will not win and will retire the team. That way you could still have griefer coaches, but no longer have griefer teams from competing coaches.

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”