Forced concedes on pre-match?

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Tsukari

Forced concedes on pre-match?

Postby Tsukari » 13 April 2016, 12:32

Tried to play a couple matches this morning; Created a team, found a match, got to the pre-match screen... Then my internet hiccups for a moment, I'm back online within about 10 seconds, but I'm not in the match screen anymore. Restart Blood Bowl, check my match history, I've conceded to the opponent pre-match? This happened both games this morning while I was streaming, after which I decided not to try anymore. Why isn't there a reconnection feature on the pre-match screen like there is in matches? Now I'm sitting on two concessions just because my internet decided to be a bit dodgy this morning. Is there anything that can be done in that situation? I hate conceding, both because I want to preserve my tiebreaker and because I don't like giving opponents a free pass into another win.

Netheos
Administrateur

Re: Forced concedes on pre-match?

Postby Netheos » 13 April 2016, 13:55

Hey Tsukari,

Send me your Coach name and a description of the situation in a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
Netheos
Focus Team

Guinness

Postby Guinness » 15 April 2016, 18:05

I had the same issue in season 2, except, instead of dodgy interweb issues, the client crashed, came back to a game being conceded.
"Risk is the business."

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 22 April 2016, 20:34

I suffered the same live on stream 10 games into an unbeaten run. I have pm'ed you Netheos hope we can sort it man, Sucks to lose 14 hours of work like that
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 23 April 2016, 00:57

I suffered the same live on stream 10 games into an unbeaten run. I have pm'ed you Netheos hope we can sort it man, Sucks to lose 14 hours of work like that
I'm sure it will get sorted in terms of 'not counting as a concession for tiebreaker or disqualification purposes'. I would be highly surprised if it got sorted in the 'we'll pretend your win record is 20/0/0 when you reach 20/0/1. If it did work like that, however, I'd also like to see my dark elves back on page 1 of the COL, for instance. They've lost more matches to crashes than to other coaches (and they're still on page 2).
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 23 April 2016, 12:17

I'm sure it will get sorted in terms of 'not counting as a concession for tiebreaker or disqualification purposes'. I would be highly surprised if it got sorted in the 'we'll pretend your win record is 20/0/0 when you reach 20/0/1. If it did work like that, however, I'd also like to see my dark elves back on page 1 of the COL, for instance. They've lost more matches to crashes than to other coaches (and they're still on page 2).
I would think world cup qualifiers are slightly different to COL where there is nothing at stake apart from being on the front page.
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

marc-aurel

Postby marc-aurel » 06 May 2016, 10:25

Same happend to me! I only wright this, because I want to support the topic. In the WC Ladder I have one deliberate conession, and two or three due to the discribed problem. It is an annoying problem and I hope for a solution. Sometimes it hurts, when a winning streak team gets a consession in the pre match phase, because of a very short connection problem... It is bad anytime, but even worse in WC.
Salut

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”