Thanks and last words.

All you need to know about the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!
Guinness

Thanks and last words.

Postby Guinness » 28 June 2016, 17:12

For anyone still checking this forum...

Thank you kindly. This tournament has been extremely exciting for me. It's my first time playing in an online tournament, and I've been extremely fortunate in dice, and opponents, to have had a wonderful experience and made a lot of new friends and contacts in the gaming world. I am thrilled to have done better than my original hope of "Win match #1 to avoid embarrassing myself," and again, am honoured to have played against some of the true veterans who play in the online medium. I look forward to getting more games in, and if I get the chance to play against some of you more, that'd be awesome!

Also, a big round of applause to Netheos for putting a lot of effort in for those of us who played in this massive shindig! You did a lot of work behind the scenes, and helped us when problems came up. It's been a bumpy road, but as they say in the old movies, "Ya did good!" And a big thank you to the sponsors such as Focus Home Interactive, Cyanide, ASUS, Republic of Gamers, Games Workshop, the NAF, and anyone else who made this amazing bit of fun possible!

Sincerely,
~Kenneth (aka Guinness)
"Risk is the business."

TheSpydyr

Re: Thanks and last words.

Postby TheSpydyr » 28 June 2016, 20:51

Well said and agreed.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 28 June 2016, 21:46

Nicely said Guinness. Now get yourself to some tabletop tournaments to really prove your mettle! ;)
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 28 June 2016, 22:27

Chaos Cup in Chicago is on Labor Day weekend in September. There's usually anywhere from 75-100 coaches there. It's a great time.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 29 June 2016, 09:41

For anyone still checking this forum...

Thank you kindly. This tournament has been extremely exciting for me. It's my first time playing in an online tournament, and I've been extremely fortunate in dice, and opponents, to have had a wonderful experience and made a lot of new friends and contacts in the gaming world. I am thrilled to have done better than my original hope of "Win match #1 to avoid embarrassing myself," and again, am honoured to have played against some of the true veterans who play in the online medium. I look forward to getting more games in, and if I get the chance to play against some of you more, that'd be awesome!

Also, a big round of applause to Netheos for putting a lot of effort in for those of us who played in this massive shindig! You did a lot of work behind the scenes, and helped us when problems came up. It's been a bumpy road, but as they say in the old movies, "Ya did good!" And a big thank you to the sponsors such as Focus Home Interactive, Cyanide, ASUS, Republic of Gamers, Games Workshop, the NAF, and anyone else who made this amazing bit of fun possible!

Sincerely,
~Kenneth (aka Guinness)
Hey Guinness, thanks for your kind words ;)

It's been a long journey since November when I first started to gather the community leagues to discuss about a potential World Cup and its rules, but I'm really proud of what's been built with the community!

Over 3,000 coaches have been duking it out over 5 months and now we have our grand final, let's make it a great event, as the rest of the World Cup has been so far!

Cheers,
Netheos
Focus Team

Guinness

Postby Guinness » 29 June 2016, 12:57

Nicely said Guinness. Now get yourself to some tabletop tournaments to really prove your mettle! ;)
Chaos Cup in Chicago is on Labor Day weekend in September. There's usually anywhere from 75-100 coaches there. It's a great time.
Some friends of mine help and participate in the Thunderbowl (Vancouver, BC) and the Spike Trophy tournament. They've been trying to convince me to come out and join for years (but that would have required me learning to play Bloodbowl). Guess this means I have very little excuse to learn the "less adapted" ruleset and try a tabletop game! Truth be told though, I love the training wheels that Bloodbowl 2 offers me! Click on a player, see how far it can move, what the odds of moving him somewhere are, etc. Makes it so much less "math". :lol:

Though I do hear amazing things about the Chaos Cup tournaments!
"Risk is the business."

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 June 2016, 14:33

Chaos Cup is a blast! That is all that needs to be said.
Spydyr

Twitch
YouTube

Mallak

Postby Mallak » 29 June 2016, 15:48

It was a great tournament. Intense, bloody and funny as Blood Bowl meant to be.

I played so much to get in the last 64 (about 150+ games in 27 days and a crazy run of 77 games in 11 days for season 2).
Anything after this was just a bonus.

I hope Focus will do this each year :p

Nourrou

Postby Nourrou » 29 June 2016, 20:32

I hope Focus will do this each year :p
Yeah I hope too

Obsidian

Postby Obsidian » 29 June 2016, 22:01

I hope too, even without prices :)

And to Guinness and Mallak : great job guys !! I wouldn't bet a coin on skavens nor lizardmen at the beginning of the competition !
what you did is impressive !

I followed the finale until now (too late for me now) but your 1,5 game was really nice to follow ! :)

Return to “Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016”