Undead Walking Animations

Forum dedicated to the BB2 betas on PC/Mac.
SquirrelDude

Undead Walking Animations

Postby SquirrelDude » 06 July 2016, 15:47

I like the intent of the Undead walking animations. They're supposed to make the players look like shambling, animated corpses. For the most part they're pretty good. A few critiques though.

1. They're too slow. Having just treemen or mummies move that slowly would be one thing, but the team as a whole moves too slowly. I'm not asking that their speed should be doubled, but a 20% to 40% increase in speed would be helpful. For the record, I also find that Norse Animations are a bit slow.

2. They seem to still be a little stilted and don't loop quite properly. There are definitely times where I've seen the zombies just jump left or right while walking diagonally. Mummies stopping looks really stilted and more like they're stumbling than stopping sharply.
Last edited by SquirrelDude on 09 July 2016, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

wdanjou

Re: Undead Walking Animations

Postby wdanjou » 08 July 2016, 13:22

This post needs attention. Everyone I have seen stream the Undead Beta agrees that the animations are too slow. Everyone in the comments of those streams agrees the animations are too slow. I don't know the type of person that would enjoy the animations more as they are now. It may not have to be a very large change in speed, but it absolutely requires tweaking. This is probably the number one issue with the team right now, and the clearest to see.

Sephiroth

Postby Sephiroth » 08 July 2016, 15:14

I agree, we have to bring attention to this.

Wyrdboy

Postby Wyrdboy » 09 July 2016, 13:17

I found the Norse run/turn animations unnatural and inferior compared to every other race including the Undead.
As for the Undead, as long as they keep their character and don't look unnaturally fast, I'm fine with speeding them up.

SaintTodd

Postby SaintTodd » 10 July 2016, 03:28

I think 20% to 40% is a bit too much, except for the mummy. 10% is probably enough for all other players. I think if they speed them up too much it will look silly.
Also, I really don't care for the Wight's blocking animation, or the Mummy . They don't look.... violent. Blocking animations is one of the strengths of the game in general, and the Undead just don't seem to really be trying to kill the opponent like others teams do.

wdanjou

Postby wdanjou » 11 July 2016, 15:17

I agree, SaintTodd. The Wight just seems to be poking forward with his fist. Very passive and weak looking. It woul be great if the at least revised the Wight blocking animation, which I consider worse than the Mummy's(although the mummy's could definitely use an improvement)

Return to “Beta”