World Cup

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
dode74

Re: World Cup

Postby dode74 » 24 October 2011, 12:50

I have been asked (a few days ago) to set up two of the qualifying tournaments, so FOL will be running at least half of the WC. I've asked for a little more info but I expect them to run in a similar manner to previous tournaments I have run.

Venom

Postby Venom » 24 October 2011, 16:21

Still no info about the Nagg qualifyed players?

Flix

Postby Flix » 24 October 2011, 17:10

Meanwhile, the REAL Blood Bowl World Cup is about 40 days away in Amsterdam. I for one cannot wait.

Thankfully, the NAF (which by no means hasn't made mistakes) is a lot more capable of getting 400+ players from around the world physically together than Focus is for organising an online version. :roll:
Nice to meet you in Amsterdam. Offical 480 Players are registered in 80 Teams and will play eachother in a Teamevent like the Eurobowl does.

For the Cyanide Wolrd Cup i hope it will not be rushed like the Wintercup last year. So everyone qualified have a chance to take part and all games are played and not forfeited.

John Mc

Postby John Mc » 24 October 2011, 20:52

I was told he was meant to be doing an update after this weekend - if nothing is heard then, I'll poke again for you.

I mean, Dode and I put in just as much effort running the FOL tourneys for it, so we want to hear news about it as much as anyone.
Oh, I'm not blaming you guys for anything. I know you're waiting along with the rest of us. I'm just bemoaning Focus's lack of effort. You guys do a stellar job, I just wish that Vince would give you what you need to carry on with running this tournament.

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 25 October 2011, 13:01

Meanwhile, the REAL Blood Bowl World Cup is about 40 days away in Amsterdam. I for one cannot wait.

Thankfully, the NAF (which by no means hasn't made mistakes) is a lot more capable of getting 400+ players from around the world physically together than Focus is for organising an online version. :roll:
Nice to meet you in Amsterdam. Offical 480 Players are registered in 80 Teams and will play eachother in a Teamevent like the Eurobowl does.

For the Cyanide Wolrd Cup i hope it will not be rushed like the Wintercup last year. So everyone qualified have a chance to take part and all games are played and not forfeited.

480!!? :shock:

How many was it last time?
CaRBB

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 25 October 2011, 17:26

270 off the top of my head - the biggest attendance for a single-game tournament of any GW game (take that 40K!).

Not bad for a niche game that get's no love from the parent company...
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Koadah

Postby Koadah » 26 October 2011, 11:39

Putting it in Amsterdam sounds like a good idea for drawing a crowd. ;)

Permanent home? ;)

So you have a lot of coaches. I'm just wondering how many will be in a fit state to play each day. :twisted:
CaRBB

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 26 October 2011, 16:27

Define "fit" - I managed to play a game at the Blood Bowl about 5 years ago where I coldn't see my opponents half of the pitch, and where I refused to roll any dice because they made my head hurt. :| ;) :lol:
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

TheMuffinThief

Postby TheMuffinThief » 31 October 2011, 19:33

Any news? Looks like my prediction of not even starting until 2012 is more and more likely, as it's almost November...

Txlanhualpec

Postby Txlanhualpec » 01 November 2011, 15:11

well... it's november now :roll:

Return to “General”