Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby Rupert Pupkin » 29 October 2015, 19:42

Thanks for the pdf! Is this going to be available in-game as well, for people who aren't message board types?

I've been playing on PS4 and have never had to choose my kicker, my guy with Kick always kicks. Am I missing something?

Why don't we just get rid of Orcs altogether?

I really liked in BB CE how you could manually set which skills you wanted to be auto-accepted and which you didn't. I'm playing Bretonnians a lot and there are times when I don't want to use Fend, and it's kind of beat that I don't have the choice.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 19:44

Honestly, at this point given the deliberate decision to break the Juggernaut skill combined with the Orc Blitzer nerf I think it's very likely the person in charge of balancing likes playing Elves and was traumatized one too many times in BB1 by an Orc Blitzer using Juggernaut to kill his Wrestle Elves.
hahaha....nicely done there!

I think the dumbest thing they've done in this game has to be the way they've implemented the Kick skill though. It slows the game down and there's plenty of people who will never figure this out and think it's broken forever unless they happen to visit the forums.
I haven't had a player with Kick yet. Does it actually make you pick who is going to kick the ball? With no kick, it just normally kicks the ball with a random player in the middle zone not on the LoS.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 19:47

Thanks for the pdf! Is this going to be available in-game as well, for people who aren't message board types?
I like this idea and second it as well.

I've been playing on PS4 and have never had to choose my kicker, my guy with Kick always kicks. Am I missing something?
This is the way I thought it was working. But, I haven't had a player with Kick yet, so wasn't 100% sure.

I really liked in BB CE how you could manually set which skills you wanted to be auto-accepted and which you didn't. I'm playing Bretonnians a lot and there are times when I don't want to use Fend, and it's kind of beat that I don't have the choice.
And yes, the option to make skills auto-accepted in BB1 was very nice. At the very least, this should've been implemented in BB2 as well.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 29 October 2015, 19:47

Honestly, at this point given the deliberate decision to break the Juggernaut skill combined with the Orc Blitzer nerf I think it's very likely the person in charge of balancing likes playing Elves and was traumatized one too many times in BB1 by an Orc Blitzer using Juggernaut to kill his Wrestle Elves.

I think the dumbest thing they've done in this game has to be the way they've implemented the Kick skill though. It slows the game down and there's plenty of people who will never figure this out and think it's broken forever unless they happen to visit the forums.
Wow, if this is honestly what you believe then just...wow...

My problem with Cyanide making roster changes and/or skill changes is not that they did it, it's why stop there? I can agree it may seem like they were picking on Orcs (while buffing Humans), but if they are tracking any kind of data they should see there are some other issues - there are also many suggestions out there by players with data to back up those suggestions.

And what's the problem with Kick? I know how the explanation read, but I'm using kick and have never had to "pick" the player to use the skill. If he is lined up in an eligible manner it just gets used. Are others experiencing issues with this?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 29 October 2015, 19:49

Juggernaut - I personally think this is a mistake, makes this much more of a niche skill as opposed to an effective counter
I think this skill is working as it was in LRB with the exception that it should be mandatory. According to the new rulebook here it is mandatory. Good to know that tho..
No, it's not as per LRB. LRB gives the skill 3 possible uses:
1. Don't use it at all.
2. Use it but do not change a Both Down to a Pushed result (which allows a Juggs/Block player to take down a Wrestle player).
3. Use it and do change a Both Down to a Pushed result (which allows a Juggs player without block to avoid turnovers).

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 29 October 2015, 20:08

What is the reasoning behind nerfing the pass skill? Is it intentional, or has the implementation to allow an AG3 player with pass not use the pass skill when a fumble would be much worse than a scatter pass just not done yet?

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 29 October 2015, 20:13

"Orcs are top tier" - yes they are, and SO ARE HUMANS according to the tiers as defined by the BBRC.

And guess what, Wood Elves are better than both of them, so why weren't they nerfed in the name of balance?

And seeing as Piling On isn't on the changes list, does that mean we can take it that PO working on a Foul is a bug? Will you now acknowledge it as such?

From another BB forum:
So the title is
Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook v1.8.0.7
New features and balancing
which is basically just a list of changes. Some of them are wrong (it lists BT as mandatory, but it actually only gets used if it would make a difference, so a rerolled dodge can still use BT), some are poorly explained (Orcs were nerfed because they are "top tier" - who knew!? And yet Woodies remain untouched...), some are simply nonsensical (their bank rule, which allows a team with cash to simply buy more on-pitch TV than a team without it), and some are pointless (you can't hire skilled mercs).

All in all it's a list of failings in a poorly designed and under-budgeted game.

Oh, and it's out of date already as they are on v1.8.0.20
Very true.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 20:30

Juggernaut - I personally think this is a mistake, makes this much more of a niche skill as opposed to an effective counter
I think this skill is working as it was in LRB with the exception that it should be mandatory. According to the new rulebook here it is mandatory. Good to know that tho..
No, it's not as per LRB. LRB gives the skill 3 possible uses:
1. Don't use it at all.
2. Use it but do not change a Both Down to a Pushed result (which allows a Juggs/Block player to take down a Wrestle player).
3. Use it and do change a Both Down to a Pushed result (which allows a Juggs player without block to avoid turnovers).
I'm not paying any attention to the rule book at this point, just to what is happening in-game with the actual skill (and I could be completely wrong, as I haven't actually used this skill, just seen it used against me):

1. Don't think this option is available and I agree that it should.
2. Isn't this how it actually works in-game?
3. I'm pretty positive this is how it actually works in-game, as I've seen my opponent use this on 2 both downs and be able to push me.

Just curious if #2 is working in-game or not. If it is, then my first statement holds true where I said it's working per LRB except the fact that it's mandatory (which takes #1 off the board). :)
Spydyr

Twitch
YouTube

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 20:40

Regarding Kick I don't know what's going but there's been plenty of "Kick is broken" posts and threads with some folks recently saying it works if you select the Kick guy and now their PDF says you need to select the Kicker.

Obviously the way it should work is if you have Kick and the Kicker is set up in an eligible spot to kick then the game should automatically have that player kick. If for some reason a team has two Kickers just have one of them randomly be the Kicker.

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 20:48

If you have a player with Block and Juggernaut (like the Skaven Star) and blitz a player with wrestle or no skill at all that blitzing player can't drop his target on a Both Down result. I had a Skaven opponent hit one of my rookie black orcs and his Both Down became a push with no option to drop the black Orc.

So yeah... Juggernaut is broken but apparently working as intended so it's a deliberately broken skill. It is a worthless skill at the moment. It is idiotic.

Return to “General”