New minis: same scale as 3rd edition?

Anything not related to Blood Bowl video games.
The Mighty Saguaro

New minis: same scale as 3rd edition?

Postby The Mighty Saguaro » 11 September 2016, 01:27

Anyone have any idea if the new tabletop minis for the upcoming BB release will be larger than those in 3rd edition?

I guess I'm wondering if my old minis will look too small to play on the new pitch.

Darkson

Re: New minis: same scale as 3rd edition?

Postby Darkson » 11 September 2016, 06:23

They are going to be bigger - 32mm scale as opposed to the 28mm scale of the last lines.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

The Mighty Saguaro

Postby The Mighty Saguaro » 11 September 2016, 15:02

Thanks. I suppose the old minis won't look too out of place against the new ones.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 11 September 2016, 16:31

Well, to be honest although I'll be buying a new box set, I won't be using the models because they won't scale with my existing models (and it will be a while before GW redo all the teams) and I already have nice Orc and Human teams.
I won't use the pitch that often either, as the larger squares will mean it will overhang the table by somewhere between 4-6 inches at my regular gaming club. I'll use it at home but still use the smaller models.

GW rescaling it to AoS scale makes sense for them (I suppose) but it my one big gripe with the re-release.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

rinku

Postby rinku » 27 November 2016, 20:41

The scale creep will mean less for some models. I doubt using the new Black Orc Blockers in on old team is going to be a problem - may even enhance them. Conversely, you may want to keep your old Goblins to emphasise their puniness.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on an Orc team I've had on the backburner for years, mostly made using 40K parts. Linemen are Ork boyz, Black Orcs are Nobz and Blitzers are a mix (mostly biker and unit boss parts). Goblins from the 40K Grot set. The thrower turned out to best be made from a WHFB Orc :)

I think this is a fairly common practice, from team pictures I've seen on the web.

In any case, they're already larger than the original 3rd ed Orcs and should scale fine. I'm actually thinking about buying 32mm bases to rebase them onto, but not much point unless I get the new scale board.

To be honest, the old Human models were already a bit small compared to WHFB ones, even pre-AoS, and my Dark Elf team, converted from the original 3rd ed plastic 40K Dark Eldar Warriors are VERY small next to their own cheerleaders, converted from plastic daemonnetes! But we're still talking about "within normal height variation". I guess the players of yore were all short-arses :)

Return to “Off-Topic”